All Topics / Help Needed! / How much to offer/negotiate

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of investhutinvesthut
    @investhut

last 2 weekends.

only us, then i stayed outside at a distance for another 5-10 mins and no one there.

been on the market as then say for 2 months…

will decide on this one, but can see this can be tricky

will wait for the pre approval, mailed everything in today, so have to wait a day or 2 for that.

InvestHut

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Investhut,

If you are prepared to lose it, you may well win it.

Pick a figure you are happy to pay, front up, say “that’s all I can afford” – and be prepared to walk away.

If nothing else, it will get him thinking. It seems there has not been too much interest. Maybe he is getting anxious (or maybe he is DETERMINED to hang out for his price – I reckon you need to KNOW this, if this is the case).

Perhaps you can then offer him his price (but with settlement 6 months away – that could change his mind [blink]). In short, though, you need to be prepared to walk away to gain the upper hand. Can you do that?

Best of luck,

Benny

PS Leave him your phone number – you never know …

Profile photo of investhutinvesthut
    @investhut

Hi All,

i today offered 227k saying can do quick settlement… the current asking price is offers over 250 k.

did a verbal offer only, as thats what the agent said. plus he said the owner already turned down an offer of 245k from an lady.

lets see what they say!

InvestHut

@investhut

Got a no from the agent. he told that owner thinks its too low and that he might rent it out and then sell it from overseas when he gets a better price.
    i told, thats fine, but its risky for owner to get a almost new prop to tenants when he is overseas. agent said plans to give it to family.

i said no worries, come back if owner changes his mind. will wait a 2-3 days and then maybe offer 2-3 k more.

investhut

Profile photo of kjs_2kjs_2
    @kjs_2

Family, that is worse! Well you have tried the agent, and I am guessing you would really like to hit the seller on the weekend face to face now? You can push him for what his lowest would be. I reckon a few comments like “family, you won’t see rent from that” and “I hope you are able to evict family when a sale is about to settle?” or “you don’t need the money from the sale then, you own the place outright so rising interest rates will not hurt you?”

Any sane person would not be contemplating renting to family, or anyone. Like you say, near new and going overseas. Yuk! The good thing from this is that you now have some more info on the seller’s situation. Even if you now have to come up you haven’t lost anything.

Well, you know your highest figure, and you have the bank situation sorted, and the agent may not have pushed the finance available side of your offer, so good luck [biggrin]

kjs

@investhut

Hi Kjs,

Thats true, today went for an auction of an property 5 minutes drive from where his unit is. new 2 bedroom unit, 138 sq. has everything and also close to shops, but 5 minutes drive from station.

guess what: this owner was also there for which i made 227 offer and got rejected. said hellow to each other.

while entering he told me, are you still interested in my property, i told yes, but 227 is what i can do and also looking for other places.

he said how much will this be sold for in auction. i said between 210-220. highest bid today was 215 k, only 2 people bidding. almost sure one was agents person only, he had the highest bid and the property was passed by.

will wait a few days, then see if the owner or agent for the 227 k come back…

InvestHut

Profile photo of kjs_2kjs_2
    @kjs_2

Well done! That was good that he was there for that. Good luck.

kjs

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.