All Topics / Help Needed! / How to pull out of a deal?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

Hi all, just made a verbal agreement to a property I wanted to buy yesterday but just today found something better and as a result want to pull out. I havent put any form of deposit down, just made a offer which has been accepted. I hate to do this but is it o.k for me just to pull out, am I liable for any costs or do verbal agreements means nothing?

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

Cmon guys please I would really appreciate some assistance here?

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello Blogs

Why don’t you ring up your solicitor and ask. I honestly don’t know the answer and can well imagine that everyone is hesitating for fear of giving you the wrong information.

Good luck
    Elka

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

Thanks, its just I thought it would be a pretty clear cut thing-I figured since I havent even put a holding deposit down or signed anything that I should be able to easily walk away?

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

From my experience, an experienced agent will be getting you to sign almost immediately after the vendor accepts the offer to ensure the deal is sealed.

As far as I can tell there wont be much recourse from the vendor if you withdraw your offer. More so the agent will kick themselves for not getting you to sign :).

Mathew
    http://www.arrttt.com
    Custom Oil Portraits

Profile photo of frogwalfrogwal
    @frogwal

If nothing is in writing you are fine. It’s agents job to have offer in writing ASAP. If you want to confirm check with REI in your state.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.