All Topics / General Property / Death of a PI.com member

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

SIS

I have just learned of the sad news that former propertyinvesting.com member, ‘Still in School’ or ‘SIS’, has died a few months ago.

‘Propertyguru’ has just learned the news after talking to SIS’s grandmother and seen pictures of the funeral.

Members will remember SIS as being full of ideas relating to property and shares. He was an active and successful investor across a broad range of investments.

SIS is still listed as the 7th most popular member, last active June 2006.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

What a tragedy.

Looking at his profile he was only in his mid 20’s and as you say, an enthusiastic investor and a helpful forum member.

What a loss for the family.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

OMG i has spoken to him a couple of times as he only lived less than 20 minutes from me.

What a waste of a life at such a young age.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

Unbelievable.I was thinking only a few weeks ago about members who used to be active and important contributors,and along with Jet Dollars,SIS came straight to my mind.I was wondering where he had got to. RIP.

Tools

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

SIS was the high- light of this website that he dominated. Every post was intelligent, with humour added.

He was young and full of life.

I bumped into him on another website. Aussie Stock Forums.
    I was only thinking of him a few weeks ago. He hasn’t posted there for a while.

I hope the moderators create a posting of a few of his
    posts so the new members can see who we’ve lost .A young man full of fun and very quick witted.
    SIS was a doer.

full of sadness.
    bruham.

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Guys,

I am in shocked since yesterday. Last I spoke to him was in november he said he is going to ring me soon and he never rang. I rang few times since then but his answering machine was on. I thought he went overseas or something but yesterday one of my friend told me about his sucide in nov. I met his grandmother yesterday night in sydney. ( He was from brisbane).

He helped me so much when I was starting buying properties. my mind not working. I still think he will ring me and talk to me about his new ideas about properties investing but.. [glum]

Cheers

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    http://wealthy-affiliate-forum.blogspot.com/

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Oh thats tragic.
    Was he the young guy who had done heaps of property deals and really succesful by 21(from memory)?
    You never know whats going on inside a person.
    my heart goes out to his family and all you guys who knew him,
    really sad.

luke

“Don’t let yr character be impacted by yr surroundings”
    – Rachel Scott(17 yr old killed in columbine shooting 1999)http://rachelschallenge.com/

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Yes he was only 24. He had 20+ property and has sold and bought so many properties since he was 19-20.

Cheers
    PropertyGuRu [sultan]
    http://www.wealthyaffiliate.com/?a_aid=1NNUhg6A

http://www.thewealthypages.net

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

I’m just amazed and shocked at the news. I’ve re- written this post several times just trying to find the right words. Depression is a real sickness, that often gets ignored, and has sadly claimed another victim. What a waste of talent.

AmandaBS
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au
    FREE online Property Resources

“It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of flashflash
    @flash

I can’t believe it.
    He was your next Donald Trump,Warren Buffet in the making.
    He had such a great mindset..

I remember him talking about lonelyness after he quit his job.
    I emailed him a few times last year but he didn’t reply.

So was Depression what claimed his life.
    It seems to be a growing concern.

The people that didn’t know him do yourself a favour and have a look at his posts,here and on Aussie Stock forums,

Thanks for sharing Jeff RIP.

Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Hello all.

I’m saddened to hear the news. A friend of mine, also a young guy, ended his life last Easter after battling Depression his whole life and it’s still haunting all his good friends and family.

If anyone out there, particularly men (as we don’t tend to be as inclined to seek help as women), are trying to cope with the often debilitating symptoms of Depression please, please, please seek professional help. Friends and family are awesome support but they aren’t qualified to treat the source of the illness.

Please take a moment to check out the National Depression Initiative at http://www.beyondblue.org.au and refer it to anyone you think might be at risk.

Peace,
    Art

‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.’ – Albert Einstein

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

WOW… I’m *SHOCKED* [ohno2][ohno2]

I got to know Jeff (SIS) on this Forum and conversed with him by e-mail off the forum a few times, I still recall his Domino Theory Thread and the Interest it Generated amongst others

SIS, PROPERTY GURU and JET$ were like the Three Amigos back then

On his tip I went over to Aussie StockForums when it was still a small number of members; He went onto trading shares and CFD’s and from memory took to it like a duck to water

Still can’t beleive it.. [glum2]

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Yes, he was a great guy and he did take to shares like a duck to water. At one stage he was trading and making massive profits and produced the trading statements to prove it.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

WOW … he came to one of our seminars 2 years ago and my boss and him hit it off like father and son.

I have a personal friend “Josie Watkins” who is a senior lecturer at the UNSW in this subject … depression is a phsyc word and josie prefers to call it “sadness”

Every body has levels of sadness – SIS was obviously at a very low level …

God Bless

D

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by wealth4life.com:

WOW … he came to one of our seminars 2 years ago and my boss and him hit it off like father and son.

I have a personal friend “Josie Watkins” who is a senior lecturer at the UNSW in this subject … depression is a phsyc word and josie prefers to call it “sadness”

Every body has levels of sadness – SIS was obviously at a very low level …

God Bless

D

I prefer not to trivialise clinical depression by calling it sadness. This intimates that all you need to do is try to cheer yourself up and that the state will pass in a short while. It doesn’t reflect that this can be a chronic illness caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain like other diseases.

I would prefer to see it called Seratonin Deficiency and lose the stigma of the term depression and the way well meaning friends and family think that you just need to buck and and get over the “sadness”.

I am guessing our old friend SIS was more than just sad. Sad people don’t seek such a final resolution to their condition.

If any of my friends here feels so bad that they think that they have no further options in life please drop me an email or a call and I will help you find some help. That’s a promise.

SIS dropped away from this forum a while back when the boom showed signs of transferring to the sharemarket. By all accounts he did well there too. Sometimes share traders spend too long in front of the PC and not enough time with friends. We all should be careful not to end up there.

Lets all have a New Year that is an improvement on the last in every way we can.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

That’s a real shame….SIS was an amazing mind who really shone when it came to investing.

I can remember one of those “young investor” threads, and many many young investors jumped and said things like “Yeah I started at 22 and am 24 now and have 3 properties” and different versions of these. I can distinctly remember SIS wading in saying “I’m 22 and have over 20 properties, having traded alot more”. Talk about cause a sensation, with people jumping all over him for advice and encouragement.

SIS (Still in School) probably had no idea how many people he inspired via his postings.

Just quietly, I am also going through a similar form of depression right now, and have been for quite a few years. Your outwardly appearance and investing success, which is supposed to set you free of life’s hassles, sometimes does the opposite. [guilty]

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

Dazzling, I have send a private email, but was wondering if you and other forum members think it is a problem that men tend not to “vent” their feelings like women are prone to.

You know, have a good whinge and a really good sook, and feel better after.

I have a good life, happy marriage but just before Christmas I just felt blah! Like someone had lifted me up and I was living in a parallel universe, not really connecting with my family. I was depressed – I have no doubt – but it went on for about a week before I felt better. I didn’t feel close to my hubby or my kids. I really felt like I could have left home and started somewhere new.

I have experienced depression in close family members and would not want to feel like I did for any length of time, though I do accept that we can’t feel on top of the world all the time.

My hubby would rather have his teeth pulled than really “talk” about his feelings. He sees it as being weak in some way, and that it doesn’t help how he feels when he is down, which is a bid sad.

Wylie

Profile photo of carlincarlin
    Participant
    @carlin

Thank you Mortgage Hunter. Clinical depression must never be trivialised by using terms like "sadness". It is a treatable medical condition, but both the sufferer and those around them don't always recognise the symptoms until it is too late.

The treatment's these days are very good, with a range of options that will suit all conditions and not affect your intrinsic personality. They will just help you to get up each morning and see things in perspective. I am not pushing drugs here, as the management of depression requires a tailored approach for each individual that most likely also includes professional counselling.

A huge chunk of the population suffers from clinical depression at any one time. I know I did some years back, and I was very lucky to have people who cared enough to get me the help I needed.

Please, PLEASE, do not suffer needlessly or feel alone. The beyondblue website is a good start , not just for getting the help you might need but also for running through a checklist that can confirm that you are indeed suffering from this common and treatable medical condition.

Carlin

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I’m not sure how I missed this post, but in reading the comments I would add that any person who is happy to share his or her time by helping others leaves quite a footprint.

SIS was a welcome and valued contributor. His passing is sad news indeed.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

this is sad news. I often wonder how many forum members slip away without us knowing.

after reading this thread Ive been woken up to the possibility of a family member in a suicidal state.

I have been through severe depression a few years back & its not pleasant. Its very difficult to share your feelings with family / friends, and we should all be on the constant lookout for the slightest warning sign.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.