All Topics / Finance / Cross-collarization

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of bhuiyanbhuiyan
    Participant
    @bhuiyan

Hi

I will be buying IP for the first time how do I prevent Cross-collarization. I have a home, loan is from CBA.

Cheers
    Zaman[chill]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi there

Ah with CBA oh well good luck firstly because they are notorious at this and don’t seem to listen. they promise the world and then years later try and deny they said that.

With a normal lender it is all about how the loan is structured. Ensure that one property is not used to support the loan on another and then keep within the LVR guidelines.

Assume you have a house worth $200,000 and want to buy another for the same amount.

You would take out a standalone loan on the purchase property for $160,000 and then a separate loan secured against the other property for the $40,000 and costs.

In some cases the equity position does not always allow the figures to be this neat but your mortgage broker should be able to map out a plan of attack for you.

Don’t forget the CBA are not great lovers of HDT’s so it may take you a month or two to find someone in the organsation who understands them.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Easy, avoid CBA!

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of dare_to_dreamdare_to_dream
    @dare_to_dream

Hi Richard,

Just clarifying: So to avoid x-collateralisation in the example you made you would need 3 individual loans?? The existing loan on the PPoR, the $40,000 equity from the PPoR and then $160,000 for the IP?? Is this correct, and how would you then go about paying off all these loans?

Do any incur extra fees and interest rates or anything?

Cheers

Paul[suave2]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Paul

Yes your interpretation is correct.

Normally they would both be interest only loans.

If structured correctly then you would not have an increase in fees and charges depending on the lender with whom the loan is placed.

Someone like CBA would probably charge you at every turn and then still X colaratilise the loans but as Terry mentioned there is an easy solution – AVOID CBA

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.