All Topics / Help Needed! / Quantity Surveyors

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Simon_GSimon_G
    @simon_g

A few quick questions to anyone that may be able to assist…[cap]

Can anyone recommend a good Quantity Surveyor in the North Sydney / Sydney City area.

Also, what should an average cost be for a Quantity Surveyor to look at a 3 bedroom unit.

Finally, is it worth getting a depriciation report if I only intend to rent the property out for 1 year prior to moving in myself.

Thanks.

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Modesty prevents me recommending us.

(But, gee, we’re good.)

As for the viability of getting a Schedule for just one year, it depends on how much depreciation is there and that is largely dictated by the age of the property and the quality of the fit out.

Give me a call if you’d like to discuss.

Scott

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    @depreciator

How spooky.

A very first post by a new member on PI at 11.23 on a Tuesday night talking up a company (and enclosing a link).

And a very first post by a new member on Somersoft at 11.08 on the same night talking up the same company.

The members and moderators of these sites take a dim view of companies anonymously touting for business. It’s rude and unprofessional.

But welcome to the forum!

Scott

Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Whats the matter Scoott. Are you against freedom of speech? Are you afraid of the truth? Can’t you handle the competition?
    You claim to be a quantity surveyor. Could you please tell the forum what or any qualifications in quantity surveying you or any member of your organisation has; and which university the qualification is from. I would suggest none. A business registered with AIQS does not make you a quantity surveyor and a business displaying the AIQS logo (unless associate member) breaches the by laws of the AIQS.

I would suggest that the majority of your postings are nothing more than touting for business and improving your google rank.

I would suggest that if this posting is removed and you do not respond to the question that you are not prepared to admit your limitations. Besides is business so slow that you have time to waste on these types of forums. Be careful, you could be spammed from the AIQS. There are many real quantity surveyors who like to see this happen

@depreciator

Glad we flushed you out, cv2me. I do feel it’s polite for business representatives to identify themselves by name, though.

You claim to be a quantity surveyor.

I have never claimed to be a QS myself. I run a business. But I reckon I know the rules relating to depreciation better than most QSs. I do know, for example, that there is a glaring error in that post you made on Somersoft.

Could you please tell the forum what or any qualifications in quantity surveying you or any member of your organisation has; and which university the qualification is from. I would suggest none.

Our head QS is Matthew Saunderson. He has a degree from Newcastle university – he’s a bit modest, but he got a few distinctions. Newcastle has a pretty good reputation. I’d say lots of the BMT guys would have gone through there. He is also a part owner of this business. And I doubt whether there is any QS in the country who has been into more investment properties than he has – I think he hit 3,000 last October.

We have 70 QSs around the country who carry out physical inspections of properties, cost capital works and value Assets. It’s ironic that given some QS firms use valuers to inspect properties for depreciation purposes that I persist with using QSs.

I would suggest that the majority of your postings are nothing more than touting for business and improving your google rank.

My posts are answers to questions and contributions to discussions. Often they go beyond depreciation because I am a property investor myself. I learn alot from these forums and I contribute alot, too.
    I have no idea what a ‘google rank’ is. But I’m all ears.

Besides is business so slow that you have time to waste on these types of forums.

Our business is quite busy, actually. Thanks for your concern, though. It’s also very well run, which affords me time to contribute to forums and expand my property knowledge. I don’t consider spending time on forums a ‘waste’.

Be careful, you could be spammed from the AIQS.

Not sure what this means. Next time I talk to the head of the AIQS – as I do on occasion – I might ask him whether the AIQS sends out spam.

Scott

Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Abuse of other members is not tolerated.

S

Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Wow, this thread has taken a turn for the weird.

Art

‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.’ – Albert Einstein

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.