All Topics / Help Needed! / Roof restoration – costing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi there,
    I inspected a potential IP on Saturday and am looking at putting in an offer. The property has a 2BR house (around 10 squares) with plans and permit to build another 2BR unit. Upon visual inspection I noticed the roof (tiled roof, terracotta I think) has got moss and fungus and requires restoration work. I was wondering if someone can tell me a quick and rough estimate for the restoration work. I will be getting building and pest inspection and subsequently estimates from tradesmen for any repairs but just want to get a rough cost estimate for roof restoration before I put my offer in.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sanjiv

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Profile photo of jambvjambv
    Participant
    @jambv
    Originally posted by sanjivgupta:

Hi there,
    I inspected a potential IP on Saturday and am looking at putting in an offer. The property has a 2BR house (around 10 squares) with plans and permit to build another 2BR unit. Upon visual inspection I noticed the roof (tiled roof, terracotta I think) has got moss and fungus and requires restoration work. I was wondering if someone can tell me a quick and rough estimate for the restoration work. I will be getting building and pest inspection and subsequently estimates from tradesmen for any repairs but just want to get a rough cost estimate for roof restoration before I put my offer in.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sanjiv

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Hello,
    I recently got a quote for a roof restoration on a standard 2/3 bedroom Californian Bungalow (can’t remember exact size) that had unglazed terracotta roof tiles with very bad moss. The quotes ranged from $1850 – $2400 which included a high pressure wash to remove the moss, an insecticide to prevent future moss growth, re-cementing the cappings & replacement of any cracked/damaged tiles. This was in Metro Sydney.

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi jambv
    Thank you for your response.
    Regards
    Sanjiv

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.