All Topics / Help Needed! / Are you safe from being sued by a tenant?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Sara470Sara470
    @sara470

Hi,

Many people may already know about structuring their investment properties into company and trust structures to reduce the likelyhood of a difficult tenant sueing you and walking away with EVERYTHING in your hard-earned portfolio, including your own home. For those of you who don’t know about this, please read on.

Asset Protection is usually misconstrued as a form of insurance, but in fact it’s a way of structuring your portfolio to reduce the likelyhood of being sued by a difficult tenant, from either tripping over carpet, falling down stairs etc, and you’d be amazed by what the courts will award them, and by how often it happens.

Basically it’s about buying your investment properties in a trust (NOT a company) where you can separate it from your personal portfolio. Depending on your finances and situation, there can also be tax benefits in this.

This is especially handy if you have multiple properties, a business, shares and other investments, which you’d like to protect.

Most importantly, most people don’t know that a serious litigant can pay a mere $500 to find out your full financial state of affairs and how much ‘free’ equity you have which makes it worthwhile for them to take you to court.

Many people find this topic daunting but there is an easier way of finding out more on trusts and how you can benefit from them. If you’d like to know more about how you can protect your assets, I’d be happy to be of help. Just contact me on the email below.

Happy and prosperous investing! :)

Sara
    Cornucopia Asset Protection
    Asset Protection Australia-wide
    [email protected]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

maybe we need an advertising thread ???

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Yes moderators, do your job please. Another advertisement somehow evades your attention.

Peeved again

DD

Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Don’t you love this virgin posters.

Funnt how they appear on all of the forums at the same time.
    Must be sale month.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

well i dont care for this Saras advertiseing,
    Can someone explain the difference between a company and a trust?
    Also i was thinking at one stage to set up a company as i am a contractor but never did bother.
    Could i have instead used a trust? What are the benifits of each?

Profile photo of ArtaudArtaud
    Participant
    @artaud

Hey vyaw2003,

There’s loads of material on this very question already on the site. Do a couple searches for ‘Trusts’ and ‘Company Structures’ and you’ll come up with loads of info. Here are a couple existing threads to get you started:

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/22093.html?SearchTerms=trust,advantages

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/26310.html?SearchTerms=trust,advantages

Cheers,
    Art

‘Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.’ – Albert Einstein

Profile photo of brcbrc
    Participant
    @brc

SPAM!!

Sara, if you want customers for your business, then become a regular forum contributor and add your expertise to people’s problems. It’s OK if you want to leave your contact details in your sig, but blatant advertising is not wanted or appreciated.

I would say that you are more likely to harm your business reputation than help with this type of posting. Posting SPAM is against forum rules, and it just aggravates people. If you were having a conversation in a cafe and someone bust on it and started trying to sell you something, you’d be rightly peeved. IMO a forum environment is just like that.

Instead, you should post answers to people’s specific questions in your field of expertise. By giving of your knowledge, you’ll be appreciated by the forum community, and this will probably lead to referrals and business in the long run.

Profile photo of Sara470Sara470
    @sara470

Yes I’m new to this, and like anything new, we all make mistakes. Thanks BRC for your explaination. Maybe an ‘Etiquette on Forums’ pop up could appear when registering, so other newies understand it as well.

My apologies to all.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Thanks and Welcome Sara,

This Forum has been getting a lot ios Spam of late, so have a look around and get a feel for the forum..then maybe add to the threads

If you have a look around the Forum, contribute to the knowledge base with your experience and knowledge in Asset Protection and Investing and you’ll probably not only assist others but possibly acquire some interest as people get a feel for who you are..and what you offer

Cata and Coasty Mike amongst others have posted some great info here regarding asset protection as well

Look forward to your contributions

All the Best

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.