All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking for a mortgage advisor in Sydney

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of red nailsred nails
    @red-nails

Hello everyone

I’ve been looking at this website for about a year but this is my first request for assistance. My husband has been difficult to get to commit to property investing, but we’ve found a piece of land in Sydney with DA approval for two 4 bedroom duplexes and we’d like to buy and build.

We have a small mortgage on our own home in the Hills District of Sydne together with an investment apartment in East Melbourne, Hubby project manages constructions for clients, but this would be our first private foray into property development.

I’d like some help to find a mortgage broker / lender to assist us – someone who is a property investor himself / herself. Hubby thinks we should stick with our bank but i am sure a better deal is out there somewhere. If anyone knows of someone good we would be very grateful. We’d like to make an initial call to maybe two or three brokers to see if we can find someone we feel is right to work with us.

I keenly await any replies!

Red Nails

Kathleen Mansfield

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Kathleen

Welcome to the forum and good luck to you in your voyage into property investing.

This day and age many deals are done by email and over the phone so actually meeting up with your MB is not a necessity.

I have numerous clients both intra state and also overseas who I act for and most of them i have never met up with.

There are many considerations when starting out on a construction loan which most lenders look at as a Commercial proposition. The terms and conditions vary considerably with each so you are certainly better to shop around.

Without the full details of your position it is difficult to make a recommendation but I would be happy to help if you wanted to provide us with a little more information.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of red nailsred nails
    @red-nails

Thank you Richard. I will certainly keep you in mind ……..however I think we’d probably feel more comfortable dealing with someone we can talk face to face with initially, hence the request for contacts closer to home. I do appreciate your reply and your comments though.

Red Nails

Red Nails

Participant
    @qlds007

If thats the case try Terry W from the forum he is Sydney based and excellent.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Linda AllenLinda Allen
    @linda-allen

Hi Red Nails,
    I use Peter Bentham, he is located in Sydney and will travel anywhere to meet with you face to face. He is very experienced and certainly knows the industry inside out. His number is 0414 347-009. I have referred him to a number of people and I’ve never heard a bad comment come back.

Good luck.
    Linda

Participant
    @qlds007

I am sure Peter is a jolly good chap but as this referal was made on this forum i am a believer in recommending someone who contributes no end to this forum.

Terry W is a Life Member with over 5000 posts and spends a lot of time providing valuable and free advice.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.