All Topics / Help Needed! / Subdividing to 8:1 ratio block size.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of EarthlingEarthling
    @earthling
    Profile photo of EarthlingEarthling
    @earthling

MMMMm…sorry about that I clicked on a smiley and posted and all the writing is gone!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what i was asking is:

Im looking at an area that has good potential to subdivide 200m x 100m(road frontage) block into 4 25m x 200m blocks. The council is receptive to the idea however they normally have a 5:1 block depth ration and this will be a 8:1 depth ration, thus I need a good argument to back me up…just wondering if you people have any thoughts to assist me in this venture?
    Also why most councils opt for a 4:1/5:1 depth ratio and the benefits of a 25mx 200m block?

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Hi Earthling,

Generally most Councils will have specified in their residential codes the minimum lot size, but also the min building envelope. If the blocks you suggest are too narrow, it will be difficult for most people to build a home and have sufficient space around them.
    Aslo for asthetic reasons most Councils don’t like to see a cul-de-sac that consists purely of long narrow driveways. I’d suggest you thoroughly read the Council planning regulations that apply in your circumstances, and then make a appointment with a Town Planner or Civil Engineer to discuss your options, as these people have the experience and may be able to suggest an alternative configeration or road design.

AmandaBS
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au
    FREE online Property Resources

“It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

@earthling

Thanks Amanda.
    Ive spoken to the town planner and they are receptive to my ideas as they want the town to expand however no new blocks are in the forseeable future, thus they are willing to listen to me….however i need a good argument to make sure it happen rather then a halfarsed attempt..
    My blocks would be 25m wide which is more then adequate to build a house on and have ample room around for aesthetic, adequate space to utilise and lifestyle reasons.
    No road works are needed as im using the current road frontage with access to sewer and water and power.
    can anyone else answer my questions please?

Participant
    @amandabs

Ok I’m a bit clearer now.
    What is the Councils main arguement for not allowing blocks with a 25m frontage? If you can identify the issue they have it may be easier for me and others to answer.
    Also I was referring to a private Town Planner and not the person from Council. Most private Town planners, Surveyors, Civil engineers etc. will help you with the DA application and lodge it on your behalf.
    What area are you in?

AmandaBS

Profile photo of HookhamCHookhamC
    @hookhamc

How is it zoned? What Council? Two answers I need.

Have fun!

[specool]

@earthling

Thanks again. i have spoken to one surveyour last week and he had a couple of good ideas/reasons for the plan.
    Im going to speak to the surveyours again and the townee to question and answer a bit more. You were right in speaking again to them in your first response. i thought I would get some backup before i question however ive realised I was starting to come from the ‘their the enemy’ postion rather then ‘they can assist me and me them’ approach.
    Im afraid Im keeping the position close to my chest at this stage.
    It is classed residential if i remember correctly.

“Ya cant trust a pig with watermelon ya know!”

Participant
    @amandabs

Earthling, many of us here on this forum, live and breath property, and donate our time and resources to help others. We are not here to steal your deal, but to offer assistance, free of charge, which can be difficult when we don’t have all the facts provided.
    Asking the region was more to see if the land was located in SE Qld, where I have some contacts. Subdividing a block of land is a massive undertaking, which I know from experience. You can find some more details on the subdivision process by clicking on my website link below.

AmandaBS

@earthling

Thanks for the link Amanda.
    I understand where your coming from and I thankyou and the (hopefully) future others who may/can assist me in my ventures. However, like you say “many of us here on this forum, live and breath property, and donate our time and resources to help others. We are not here to steal your deal, but to offer assistance, free of charge,” many of us is the key phrase here. The area I am looking at is too small to mention as it would only take 1 or 2 larger investors to buy my chance out. Which I dont really want to happen.
    Im sure most people on this forum are trustworthy however being a forum it is open to all and sundry including the not so nice people which rather then use their brain, pinch other peoples ideas…..
    No its not in SEQLD, Im not that established to be able to afford their yet; a pity as contacts would be good; however, Ive been on the phone to the Shire CEO and Surveyors who have both assisted me no end. An application for preapproval is going in tomorrow so we shall have to see what hapens from there…….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.