All Topics / Help Needed! / IP with no deposit and no equity, possible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ginagginag
    @ginag

Hello all investors. I’m new to the investing game. I don’t own my own home or saved anough enough for a deposit. I prefer to keep renting but would like to purchase an IP. I have no equity and haven’t saved enough for a deposit. Has anybody had any experience this way> Thanks guys

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You can get 100% loans for investment properties too.

Another option is to buy an owner occupied, move in (and maybe claim the grant) and then move out and rent it. This can mean you may be able to avoid CGT as well as claiming deductions.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of neilandkategormanneilandkategorman
    @neilandkategorman

Be aware though, that though you can get 100% loans for investment properties as Terry says, whether you get an 100% loan for an investment property or owner occupier, you still need enough $$$ to pay for:

Property Stamp Duty
    Possibly Loan Stamp Duty
    Lender’s Mortgage Insurance
    Lender’s Application Fees
    and your own legal fees.

It might be an idea to speak to a lender or broker to get an idea of what these would be given the value of the property that you might be looking to buy. I’m sure Terry or I could calculate those for you.

Good luck
    Regards

Neil and Kate Gorman
    Mortgage Broker
    Mortgage Choice – there’s only one choice
    tel: 0430 500 848
    e-mail: [email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.