All Topics / Help Needed! / rental returns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ginagginag
    @ginag

Anybody have any recommendations on where to find rental returns for various suburbs according to houses/units and no of beds. There is a very comprehensive one in NZ that gives the rental return for each area in each city. Makes life a lot easier. I have searched for days on the internet but to no avail

Profile photo of bridgebuffbridgebuff
    Participant
    @bridgebuff

That would be nice to have. I only know the good old hard slog.

Go on realestate.com.au or homehound.com.au

Look for average sale prices for 3BR houses and then for average rentals for 3BR houses.

If you find average yields of 6-8% I would look further, else move to the next postcode.

Profile photo of kcbworthkcbworth
    @kcbworth

this will probably help u a lot (for qld)

http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/median_weekly_rents.cfm

not sure about other states

good luck

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Residex have lots of different reports on projected rents etc, but they cost. No free lunch I’m afraid.
    The other place that might help is Property Investor magazine. They have updates on each state.

The other method is as bridgebuff said – get on the phone and ring the agents in the area you are interested in and ask them what the rents are for a particular property, or check out the rentals for the area on r/e.com.au.

I always ask about a 3 x 2 house. This is just the starting point but tells me enough to go on with. On r/e.com.au I look up the asking prices of the 3 x 2’s, then look at the rentals for the same. Takes about 5 mins.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

“we get sent lemons; it’s up to us to make lemonade”

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi ginag,
    You can try http://www.realestatemagazine.com.au/
    Its an online magazine that has rental and sales information for all areas.
    You can subscribe to limited edition free of cost but unlimited access will cost you $99.
    Hope this helps
    Sanjiv

“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.