All Topics / General Property / Rental Vacancy Rates

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dionm84dionm84
    @dionm84

Is there a website where you can find rental vacancy rates and other important fact about a certain town on the internet?

Profile photo of brcbrc
    Participant
    @brc

You’re unlikely to find any accurate, up to date information as much of the rental market is very informal.

If you want to know about rental yields and vacancies, just go to your local real estate agents on the weekend and pick up all the for sale lists, and the renatl listings. If there are very few rental listings, there isn’t much vacancy. Compare the average prices of the particular types/areas of property with the average rentals, and you’ll get a good idea of the rental yield.

It’s fun to trawl the net but while you are, other people are out finding and closing deals.

Profile photo of SoundOfGoldSoundOfGold
    @soundofgold

Yes I agree its always an uphill battle to find something about vacancy rates or any kind of sales data etc. Especially if you dont want to use the paid services.

I put together a short atricle about the vacancy rates on my website here http://sog.shopinthemall.com/2007/01/10/australian-vacancy-rates-low-rental-yields-to-increase/
    and don’t want to fully reproduce it here. Perhaps you may find some answers or pointers where to look there.

Cheers
    Dan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.