All Topics / Help Needed! / suburbs around bne

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of aleealee
    Participant
    @alee

looking to buy around brisbane, but have no idea of the area. hoping someone could let me know some suburbs where you can still get a house (not unit) for under 300,000 if possible? in okay suburbs.

it would really help in getting me started as its just so hard when you dont live in these areas. thanks heaps.

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

Well you could try Deagon. It’s pretty ordinary but still afordable. It’s about 20k’s north of the CBD, on the trainline, near moreton Bay and it doesnt have the crime rate that some cheaper ‘burbs have.

goodluck

Profile photo of meatgroupmeatgroup
    @meatgroup

I will be going out on a limb here but I would think, from a long term investment perspective that the corridor between the gold coast and brisbane would make a sound investment.

its growing rapidly and instead of the relative (to big cities) emptiness between brisneyland and the gold coast in 5-10yrs time that gap will not exist if current growth is anything to go by.

I have only lived on the coast for 23 yrs but in brisvegas for a short time so i am not quite the consumate expert on the subject.

this suggestion is only based on the price point you are aiming at …. it would differ significantly if this was increased or decreased by a measurable amount.

Best of luck with it all anyway ….

Ryan

Profile photo of romina and lucaromina and luca
    @romina-and-luca

If you want to live somewhere calm and crime safe forget Redcliffe and Deception Bay (sorry to anyone who lives there) but I have been in Redcliffe 2 years and can’t wait to get out….. hoons everywhere, teens going inside people’s yards at night, kids riding loud dirt bikes and doing doughnuts with cars at 2am every night… forget the Police, they NEVER seem to catch them, and even several emails and calls to the council, prime minister and police themselves have not helped. they do not care, but if something serious happens nothing is stopping me from suing them for all they are worth![grrr]

Romina and Luca (and bubba Nicolas)

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi Alee,

My suburb in albany creek north of brisbane as risen significantly in the past year,. and it is only 15 klms from brisbane. It is still possible to pick up a house in the low 3s ,””but you better be quick””. other suburbs you could try, eatons hill brendale, warner, cashmere all around 20klms from city.

Dom [biggrin]

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

Deception Bay and Redcliffe are fantastic places to live and invest. That’s coming from a resident of over 25 years. I gues if you buy at the right time you’ll love it here too.

Under $300,000 30km from the CBD close to the highway major hospital good schools shopping family beaches good year on year capital growth.

But be quick in the last month prices in Deception Bay have taken off by up to $25,000 – $30,000. Redcliffe still seems a little flat but this is the year for development. You won’t recognise the place come 2008 with the amount of development taking place in the Redcliffe CBD.

Its all good and getting better. [withstupid]

Opportunity in everythinng

Profile photo of demkeldemkel
    Participant
    @demkel

Hi Alee

Try the Suburb of Corinda

Regards

Demkel

Profile photo of davo16davo16
    @davo16

Mate it depends if you are going to rent it out. I have two houses in ipswich which is around 40min south west of brisbane. There are some extremely nice houses in this area. The first highrise is currently being built as we speak. They are upgrading the freeway from brisbane to ipswich. You will not have any problems renting out a house. You can buy a 3 bedroom on a decent block fully reconditioned, polished floors for around 170K. You will get around $210p.w. This area is on the verge of exploding.

if you want to talk [email protected]

Profile photo of KramulousKramulous
    @kramulous

Keep looking around. My partner and I just purchased 299K at macgregor – 3bed house, very liveable (first investment). We were actively looking for around 8mths – saw a lot of houses, units, land, etc. Prior to this time and during we had cash invested (as well as reinvesting) in management funds … earning about 20% plus capital growth – ended up with 110K. Not sure whether it is a squeeze but there are a few cheap properties popping up at the moment.

Profile photo of HookhamCHookhamC
    @hookhamc

Moorooka is a great prospect.

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

I’d have to agree with Davo, Ipswich is the place to invest.

The area is expected to grow from 140000 to 318000 people by 2026. During this time the workforce will also increase from 49000 to an amazing 123000, so 1/3rd of the population will live and work in the area.

So why are so many people expected our here ? (I live in the area) Its because the local Council are encouraging industrial business to move to the area. Synergy Technology Park, Bremer Business Park, Swanbank Enterprise Park plus 3350 hectares is earmarked at Ebenezer/Willowbank for a new industrial area, plus heaps more. Amberley is also home to Australia’s largest RAAF base currently undergoing r$285M redevelopment.
    For residential areas there is Australia’s largest masterplanned community at Springfield where 60000 will call home, not to mention the new Uni and “Orion” shopping centre due to open soon (Its HUGE 59000 m2) As Davo mentioned there’s the new Aspire high rise, and I’ve also heard they plan to build 2 new 9 storey towers opposite.

Ipswich has seen a steady increase in prices lately and its now hard to find much under $200k but an average home you can pick up for $220 – $250K, still very good value.

Being a local girl maybe I’m biased!![biggrin]

AmandaBS
    http://www.propertydivas.com.au
    FREE online Property Resources

“It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.