All Topics / Help Needed! / So how do I get the next property?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of baggybaggy
    Participant
    @baggy

Happy New Investing Year to all! [biggrin]

I have so far bought 1 investment property and so far it’s going really well (my tenants got a nice xmas pressie as well to encourage them to continue doing the right thing).
    Now here’s my problem – how do I get the next one? [blink] I see all these great looking deals out there but I don’t have much equity in my main home or my investment property and saving up another deposit is going to take ages…anyone got any tips or can anyone point me in the direction of some sound adivce so I can kick start my new investing year with a new property??

be glad to hear your thoughts!

Sarah

Profile photo of bridgebuffbridgebuff
    Participant
    @bridgebuff

Is your first IP cf+ or cf-? That will make a big difference in your ability to buy another one.

Steve McKnight always says that it is very difficult to own several cf- properties, as they drain your income.

The only thing holding you back on cf+ properties is your equity, and that should grow as you are constantly getting income and hopefully some capital gain as well.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You just have to keep on saving hard and to try to add value while reducing expenses and maximising rent.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of baggybaggy
    Participant
    @baggy

thanks guys for the repsonses, my current property is cf+ just!!! $6/wk, but as its a 2yr old house there’s plenty of depreciation upside which will help with the loan reduction.
    even so, it looks as though I’m going to just have to be patient and save, save, save….
    [exhappy]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.