All Topics / Creative Investing / Loan Offer At a Very Affordable Interest Rate

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of morganlendersmorganlenders
    @morganlenders

[Marked as spam]

Profile photo of Nathan HouareauNathan Houareau
    Participant
    @the-general

I’ve been ripped off by a Nigerian once. Quite a bit of money. (Oh am I so stupid)
    There are numerous african people that go to my church, and a couple of them told me to stay away from Nigerians.
    For everyone else’s sake, I recommend you do the same.
    There are lots of other brokers out there.

If you ask me, this guy is a fake. I’m taking that stance because of an actuality. They are very good at ripping people off.

You’ve been warned about Nigerians.

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @the-general

I’ve been ripped off by a Nigerian once. Quite a bit of money. (Oh am I so stupid)
    There are numerous african people that go to my church, and a couple of them told me to stay away from Nigerians.
    For everyone else’s sake, I recommend you do the same.
    There are lots of other brokers out there.

If you ask me, this guy is a fake. I’m taking that stance because of an actuality. They are very good at ripping people off.

You’ve been warned about Nigerians.

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Nathan

Yes mate is a scam. Like a lot of these that appeared over Xmas and New Year they are all playing on the guilible.

You have been warned – Stay well away.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Nathan

Yes mate is a scam. Like a lot of these that appeared over Xmas and New Year they are all playing on the guilible.

You have been warned – Stay well away.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of bridgebuffbridgebuff
    Participant
    @bridgebuff

Nathan, could you enlighten us how you got ripped off. While I know to stay away from these gangster, I am not quite sure how they rip you off.

Profile photo of bridgebuffbridgebuff
    Participant
    @bridgebuff

Nathan, could you enlighten us how you got ripped off. While I know to stay away from these gangster, I am not quite sure how they rip you off.

Participant
    @the-general

I am ashamed of what took place. But yeah. It was a chick on a “Love” website.
    How embarrasing.
    Basically, when a Nigerian asks for money, run.
    I do believe that perhaps the level of corruption in Nigeria causes these people to turn to such measures.

If you ever need a mortgage broker talk to Richard. He operates in Australia and was excellent to work with.

But yes, they seem very legit, but in actual fact, hoax is the correct word.

Thankfully, a couple of people sat me down and gave me their view.

If you’re ever going to send larger amounts of money, I’ve started doing this via an escrow company if you feel uncertain.

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @the-general

I am ashamed of what took place. But yeah. It was a chick on a “Love” website.
    How embarrasing.
    Basically, when a Nigerian asks for money, run.
    I do believe that perhaps the level of corruption in Nigeria causes these people to turn to such measures.

If you ever need a mortgage broker talk to Richard. He operates in Australia and was excellent to work with.

But yes, they seem very legit, but in actual fact, hoax is the correct word.

Thankfully, a couple of people sat me down and gave me their view.

If you’re ever going to send larger amounts of money, I’ve started doing this via an escrow company if you feel uncertain.

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Participant
    @administrator

The original post has been removed for obvious reasons.

Nathan, I recommend this site http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm. It's always good for a chuckle

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Participant
    @administrator

The original post has been removed for obvious reasons.

Nathan, I recommend this site http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm. It's always good for a chuckle

michaela_alvares5728
    Participant
    @michaela_alvares5728

To enlighten fellow forumites about Nigerian scams – i have also come accross them. My experience is as follows:
    I am self employed, selling water purifiers ranging in price from as little as $200 to $2000. 
    I got a call from a Nigerian asking about prices.  Ofcourse I told him if he wanted nothing but the best he would be looking at $2000 each – he said he wanted to order 5 of them for immediate pick up.He wanted my email address and said his name was Mark Larry.  He emailed me wanting to pay by Mastercard and said someone would come to pick them up. 
    Sensing this was not the usual type of conversation I have with a prospective customer I said I needed a delivery address and a contact telephone number.  He gave me a Melbourne number but wait for it, the caller ID on my phone said it was an international call coming in when he rang me. He rang me numerous times and sometimes it would come up as a private number and sometimes the whole number including the overseas code would show up.  I think he must have forgotten to block the caller ID on some occassions.  Lucky for me.  He also could not give me an address in Shepparton VIC without stuttering and stammering and humming and haaing.  I called him back on the number I got from the caller ID and could not get through on the landline he gave me.  Told him not to waste my time and hung up.  Since then I have had similar calls from Nigeria and without hesitation I refuse to give any information and hang up after telling them not to waste my time.
    They use fake credit cards to pay for stuff which they apparently pick up and the seller is left with a loss not being able to get payment for them.
    Hope this helps someone from being ripped off as I could have well been.
    Michaela

michaela_alvares5728
    Participant
    @michaela_alvares5728

To enlighten fellow forumites about Nigerian scams – i have also come accross them. My experience is as follows:
    I am self employed, selling water purifiers ranging in price from as little as $200 to $2000. 
    I got a call from a Nigerian asking about prices.  Ofcourse I told him if he wanted nothing but the best he would be looking at $2000 each – he said he wanted to order 5 of them for immediate pick up.He wanted my email address and said his name was Mark Larry.  He emailed me wanting to pay by Mastercard and said someone would come to pick them up. 
    Sensing this was not the usual type of conversation I have with a prospective customer I said I needed a delivery address and a contact telephone number.  He gave me a Melbourne number but wait for it, the caller ID on my phone said it was an international call coming in when he rang me. He rang me numerous times and sometimes it would come up as a private number and sometimes the whole number including the overseas code would show up.  I think he must have forgotten to block the caller ID on some occassions.  Lucky for me.  He also could not give me an address in Shepparton VIC without stuttering and stammering and humming and haaing.  I called him back on the number I got from the caller ID and could not get through on the landline he gave me.  Told him not to waste my time and hung up.  Since then I have had similar calls from Nigeria and without hesitation I refuse to give any information and hang up after telling them not to waste my time.
    They use fake credit cards to pay for stuff which they apparently pick up and the seller is left with a loss not being able to get payment for them.
    Hope this helps someone from being ripped off as I could have well been.
    Michaela

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.