All Topics / Help Needed! / IO & Offset or P&I?

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Kjs

No i think you are correct.

There are too many MB’s running around with a handfull of weeks or years knowledge who have no professional qualifications and whose previous occupation could be anything from an electrician to a petrol pump attendant (not that i have anything against either profession).

Most experienced MB’s have been calling out for years for tougher restrictions on Licensing which seems to fall on deaf ears.

Hopefully most clients will ask what the experience of the MB is and make their own mind up as to whether they can suit their particular needs or cirumstances.

By the way some of us are licenced to provide financial advice.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ctaingctaing
    Participant
    @ctaing

Now and then, I return to the forum to share and learn. I’ve done more on the latter. Yet, I can only speak for myself.

There are those of us newbies trying to read and keep abreast of changes in the finance market for investment purposes. Asking a few questions to satisfy curiosity is hardly a crime. The ‘stupid’ thing to do is to act with arrogance.

Sharks are in very walks of life, you need to ask the questions and backup with own due diligence. I do feel for the dignified MBs and FPs (for that matter). The only way forward for us is to insult them? Hmm, here I thought we need to build a team for success? Just couldn’t let this one pass.

CT

Profile photo of BeckBeck
    Participant
    @beck

Hi, this is my 1st reply…..

I would go for IO as well as 100% offset ALSO from my understanding (if some one can confirm that would be great…..) if you want to bite into the loan another way of doing it is paying intrest onley on a weekly basis vs. monthly as the iontrest is calculated daily…. you know the rest.

Be good, happy days,

B.[headphone]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

B

Interest is only credited monthly on most loans. So you can only pay it monthly. However, I suppose you could put an equivalent into the loan weekly, and this should save interest.

But if you are putting your money in a 100% offset account than getting your money in their quicker will result in interest savings without having to worry about paying into the loan.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.