All Topics / General Property / Ingham Chickens

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Has anybody been following the ingham area and surrounds. I have been watching it over the past year and prices have been slowly moving up. lately my search results have produce less property available for sale. I know ther is a mine being built about 100 klms west of ingham but i dont know when it will start.
    I would be interested in anybodys opinion on the town.

Dom [biggrin]

Profile photo of dionm84dionm84
    @dionm84

Hi mate,

I was born and grew up in Ingham. The town relies on one industry – sugar cane. My parents still live in Ingham, and it seems like the town is slowly growing. If I was looking to buy in Ingam or the surrounding little suburbs, I would buy at Forrest Beach. It’s 10 minutes outside the township and a beautiful little beach. Prices are rising there and some properties seem expensive, but others might be a good deal. I’m not an expert but I would think that with a lot of people retiring and looking to move to smaller towns, a beachside township, 1.5hrs from a bigger city (Townsville) might be a good investment for capital growth. You could get pretty good rental returns as well but I would be wary because of the small population.

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

SET OF 4 X 1 BEDROOM FLATS – WALK TO CENTRE OF TOWN !

This set of 4 x 1 bedroom flats is located a short walk from the centre of Ingham. Other features of the flats are :-

* Bedrooms airconditioned
    * Security screen doors
    * Each flat has double carport
    * Currently returning $520 per week

If u don't search for this property first, how much would u pay for it?

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Knowing nothing about Ingham – would be need to be sub $200K before I did any further due diligence….

Profile photo of jamfcjamfc
    @jamfc

The rates are expensive….

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    salacious wrote:

SET OF 4 X 1 BEDROOM FLATS – WALK TO CENTRE OF TOWN !

This set of 4 x 1 bedroom flats is located a short walk from the centre of Ingham. Other features of the flats are :-

* Bedrooms airconditioned
    * Security screen doors
    * Each flat has double carport
    * Currently returning $520 per week

If u don't search for this property first, how much would u pay for it?

I'm pretty sure that one has been there for quite a while. The thing to remember with this sort of property is to have your exit strategy before your entry strategy ie risk management.

One other thing to watch around the area is to know which sections of Ingham flood every time they have a cyclone.

Profile photo of NQ6NQ6
    Participant
    @nq6

Hi Solacious I’ve been investing in property in Ingham since 2004, can give you a reasonably accurate insight to the town and investment prospects if your interested, are you new to investing or experienced. I,ve only just started becoming interested in increasing my portfolio of property , i stopped buying once prices increased too high in the frenzy before the crash.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.