All Topics / Value Adding / Min Land size reqd for subdivision in Bris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of KuadeKuade
    @kuade

Hi,

I’ve been trawling the Brisbane City Council website to try and find some info on the min size the council will approve for subdivision, and the min sizes of the subdivided blocks. I had a search on the forum and couldn’t locate anything either.

If anyone is aware could you pls post. Thanks.

Chris

Profile photo of WylieWylie
    @wylie

I know that in Coorparoo we have two blocks with two queenslanders with character housing and demolition control restrictions. Our town planner told me each house we put in the back needs 300 sq m. I suspect it depends on the mood the person you talk to is in and where the moon is in the sky as our street is in a similar area and the house across from us was allowed to be taken away, even though it was built between the wars. The house next to it had to keep its facade.

I also know that a house we sold about seven years ago was looked at by someone who approached BCC about splitting the block and putting a house in the back yard (just less than 24 perches corner block). He was told “no”. A developer bought it and got his approval and built the house. Two houses on 24 perches in Norman Park. That is why I think it depends on who asks the question, whether they are seasoned developers or not.

Go figure…..

I would call 3403 8888 and ask a town planner, because different parts of Brisbane will fall under different rules, depending on lots of different things.

Or call a private town planner, who should be able to help you.

Wylie

Profile photo of demkeldemkel
    Participant
    @demkel

Hi Chris

To the best of my knowledge you require at least 800 m2 to get two 400 m2 blocks i.e. you need at least 800 m2

This by-law is about to change in low-density residential areas that are located within demolition control precincts where you will reqiure a minimum area of 900 m2 before you can subdivide (get 2 x 450 m2 blocks).

I suggest you contact BCC Town Planning or a reputable Town Planner / Building Certifier.

Good Luck Chris

Regards

Demkel

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hate to say the days of a min block size of 800 Sq M to subdivide have been and gone.

As has been mentioned each area is different and Paddington for example is under 300 sq M.

If you are unsure a Town Planner (remember BCC have outsourced this department now) will guide you accordingly.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.