All Topics / Help Needed! / Growth areas in and around Sydney

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of richiefrichief
    @richief

Hi all.

As you can see, I am new to this forum, and so far am very impressed with the knowledge being shared around.
    I have only one IP at the moment, a house on the NSW Central Coast, which is negatively geared, but has grown over $200,000 in the past 4 years (not bad).

I am looking to use this equity to purchase more properties on the cheap to renovate and resell. But obviously, I want to buy in areas which will be showing growth over the coming year/s. I want to buy in the Sydney area, as this will be easier for me to manage the renovations.

I am interested in hearing other peoples ideas on the areas where growth will be happening in the next year/s. I feel a lot of this will be Western Sydney, as Sydney expands, it move West. I live in the North shore, and don’t think this area will grow much in the near future. My other thoughts are to buy on the Central Coast again, but on the water this time, as water view properties tend to do well over time.

What are other people thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Profile photo of richiefrichief
    @richief

No one has any thoughts???

Oh well.

Profile photo of ftareenftareen
    @ftareen

In my view, Riverstone has a good potential but it is a buy and hold for subdivision. Other option could be Windsor area…with new motorway built. I suggest if you have seen growth in Central Coast, why not stay focussed there. BTW, I am looking for central coast, Gosford area investment outside Sydney myself, any suggestion on your end?

Profile photo of richiefrichief
    @richief

My property there is in Woy Woy. Prices around that area at the moment make it really good to buy. Especially on the water. With the new ferries and trains to the Central Coast, a lot of Sydney people are moving there and commuting to Sydney to work. Anything there (I will repeat …… especially on the water) will do well. Probably stay away from the top end of the coast (Wyong etc.) and go for the end closest to Sydney.

And why do you think Riverstone will have good growth?

Good luck.

Richard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.