All Topics / Help Needed! / Problems in Property!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of marcmcmarcmc
    @marcmc

Hey whatsup and Merry Christmas.
    I dont know whether your familiar but Steve Mcknight has a theory which is Problems + Solution = Profit.

Can anybody share some Problems they have either looked for or been dealt with that they solved with their Investing mind to provide a Profit either in overall market value or rental income.

Regards
    Marc.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Once when looking at property I came across a house that had a stain on the lounge room carpet, wall paper coming off a wall and tiles coming off the laundry floor. Unfortunately I didn’t have the spare time to fix these minor problems as I was living 4 hours drive away and doing university studies. People are incredibly fussy and these items would reduce the chance of selling the property. Plus the owners had divorced and were selling. This would have been a situation where a low offer might have been accepted by the seller. The fixing of these items would have lifted the price of the property. You want to visualise the future repaired condition rather than the problems now.

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

I bought an industrial property a couple of years ago, about 25% rented, low rents. Now fully occupied, rents increased, grossing 33% of purchase price, value at least double original price

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003
    Originally posted by crj:

I bought an industrial property a couple of years ago, about 25% rented, low rents. Now fully occupied, rents increased, grossing 33% of purchase price, value at least double original price

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003
    Originally posted by crj:

I bought an industrial property a couple of years ago,

like what? sheds? land? yard? office? shops?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.