All Topics / Help Needed! / refinancing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

I want to refinance a house and have a line of credit set up. Now do I have to know what the house is worth and apply for a certain sum OR can I say to the bank “ok you figure what the house is worth, I want a line of credit to as much equity as possible”.

wodya rekkon?

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You could just ask for 80% (or whatever) of the value. The lender will ask for an estimate, and this will be given to the valuer. If it comes in higher, then you can usually adjust the loan value up – depending on serviceability.

Best to use a broker to assist in this.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    [email protected]
    Send an email to get my newsletter.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly
    Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

As Terry mentioned 80% would available without Mortgage Insurance however if you are happy to pay this and wish to access more equity then 90 / 95% LVR would be available.

In most cases an estimate of the property valuation is made and the Bank’s valuer will come back with what he assesses the valuation at. The Bank will make an offer on the valuation received from their valuer and this will be the amount available to you to using a line of credit.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.