All Topics / Value Adding / Self Storage Facility

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Ol PaintingOl Painting
    @ol-painting

Hi guys,

Did anyone here even purchase a self storage facility?[baaa]
    What are good and bad sides?

What sort of maintenance do they require?
    What would you recommend to budget for maintenance?

I’m currently looking to buy 15 strata titled self storage units in regional NSW. I sorted our management. Numbers look not bad.
    I wonder if I haven’t missed something important.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Lesia
    [evo]
    http://www.vmstreamline.com

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

Hi Lesia
    Just wondering whether you bought the self storage units?
    Are you able to suggest what good numbers for this type of investment would be? ie. Would you consider 30 units in regional growth area with good occupancy, gross rent $48K and net of $38K for offers over $450K to be good value?
    Cheers, Tracey

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Hey Lesia,
    I haven't bought/invested in self storage units myself, but I was seriously considering getting into it recently after reading some books about the benefits of it.

I think one of the benefits that stood out for me was the potential passive income stream from it, as well as the lower cost to invest as compared to other forms of property investing.

Profile photo of wideshedswidesheds
    @widesheds

I would agree to you on that, the self-storage facility indeed one of a better means of investing in a property as the amount to be invested is quite less as compared to the others and also what you get out of it or use it to such a good extent that it would end up being a very useful and a profitable venture.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.