All Topics / Help Needed! / Interest in investing in Darwin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of adamwadamw
    Participant
    @adamw

Hi All

I have been pondering career options lately and to make a long story short I have sold myself on the idea of being a buyer’s agent.

However, I live in Darwin and am wondering if around Australia there is enough interested investors thinking of, or already investing in Darwin property.

I know the property market of the whole of the Darwin and Palmerston region like the back of my hand (been here 26 years) and have worked in land information here. Makes it easy to spot bargains!

Waiting to be shot down! [biggrin]

Adam

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Hi just a few questions
    Do you carry or plan to carry public indemnity insurance?
    Are you a registered real estate agent or some form of licence?
    Or have you just thought hey there is an opening I will jump in?

Just wondering

Wayne Skewes
    Mortgage Broker
    Email [email protected]
    http://www.eaussie.com.au/Mortgages/Aussie_Mortgage_Adviser.asp?ContentID=852280
    Comments may not be relevant to your circumstances, check with an accountant or financial adviser

Profile photo of adamwadamw
    Participant
    @adamw

I’m aware of the need for a real estate agents license, education and indemnity insurance.

It’s an idea I’m researching – if I don’t feel there is demand then I won’t go much further with it.

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Personally I think it would be a tough field to enter, as it is still a profession in the infant stages. However long term you would be getting in early and if can bear the tough times I think it would be a good area to be in. The public still are not that aware of buyers agents but in time will be. The main thing would be to be diligent and build a good referal base.

Like anything if you give it your best shot and keep the long term view in mind it would be achievable. In other words if you built the business up slow and kept with it maybe it would pay off. I like Darwin myself and a couple of years ago was thinking of buying an investment property myself wish I had probably missed the boat now.

Wayne Skewes
    Mortgage Broker
    Email [email protected]
    http://www.eaussie.com.au/Mortgages/Aussie_Mortgage_Adviser.asp?ContentID=852280
    Refinace, Loan Consolidation, Owner Occupied or Investment Finance. Free Service I come to you!

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Hi Adam

I think it is an excellent idea.

Darwin is going through a fantastic boom period and there doesn’t seem to be too many other places around that are booming. I’m sure there will be plenty of people looking for a buyer’s agent in Darwin.

We have been buying in Darwin for about the last 3 years and one of the problems we have found in Darwin is that a really lovely property can be next door to a housing trust place or a run down block of flats with dubious tenants. For people who don’t live there, it would be fantastic to get advice from someone who knows the area well and can tell purchasers all the things that a real estate agent wouldn’t tell them.

I say go for it!

Cheers

K

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.