All Topics / Help Needed! / Anyone sold IP through Multi List agency???

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Guys/Girls,

I have had my property listed exclusively with one agent for 60 days with squat result now the contract is nearing the end on Sat. has anyone used multi list agents before?

I wouldn’t mind doing this as would give my property more exposure what do you think?

Thank you

Jenny1

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

I have never done one, but I can tell you what tends to happen with them.
    From the agent’s point of view, they don’t really get behind the listing and try to push it as they can have the property sold by another agent in another company at any time, thus wasting a lot of time and work and commission.
    From a buyer’s point of view, they are out there searching and looking at all the local agents’ websites and windows anyway, so when they see the same house advertised at every agency it can give them the impression that the vendor may be desperate to sell. This could attract low-ballers who you probably don’t want.
    Last of all, you may have to spend needless sums of money on advertising with multiple agencies when the buyers are already out and about.
    Chances are the agent who you signed has ‘bought’ your listing by quoting a too high sale price to get you to sign them. They do this all the time, then over a few weeks try to ‘condition’ you to drop the price to get a sale.
    May I suggest you send/deliver your current agent a letter saying their services are discontinued as of now (you can do that – they hate it) then resign an exclusive with another agent, but only for 45 days (they hate that too) but it will get them working.
    If you had no nibbles in 60 days it could also mean you are asking too much. What do you need – top dollar or a quick sale? each have a different time frame.
    Tell the new agent to pay for the advertising out of their commission. That always gets a good response, but it is what should happen.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of wayne10539wayne10539
    @wayne10539

Hi Jenny

I currently work for real estate agent, and if you have had no luck with current agent, it could be for a number of reasons which L.A Aussie had mentioned.

1: Your price may be too high, the agent should of supplied some sales evidence to support his apprasial.

2: If your sale price is right, then the agent is simply not doing his/her job, if the property is fairly priced, you would imagine having no problem selling it.

L.A Aussie

All your advice is spot on, even the summary of the agents and the way they go about there business.

I would stick to an exclusive,and apply the pressure also by dictating terms.

Regards

wayne10539

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Thank you Wayne and LA Aussie for advice,

I now know the agent is inexperienced [glum] as he is all over the shop when talking to me first he said that the property was being looked at mainly by investors and encouraged me to take up a tenant on a 12 month lease after doing this he tells me in the same week that it is mostly people wanting to live in property but are turned off as tenant on a lease! He even approached my tenant trying to pursuade her to move out, even though there was not an offer put forward [glum].

I spoke to him today and he asked what I was going to do said I would talk to hubby and let him know in the am, I get home tonight already an email asking for the advertising fee which we were told would not be paid until property was sold! Just feel that we are asking correct $’s as other properties in the area are selling we are not desperate to sell.

As I feel we got nothing out of the advertising I am ringing the owner principle letting him know what is going on ask for a more experienced Sales person and an exclusive contract for 60 days.

Wish me luck[glum2]

Jenny1

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

Hi Jenny

Have you considered selling the property yourself ? There are quite a few resources available now to help you .

Personally I’d be very reluctant to to pay much for advertising .

A good agent that got you the highest price might be worth their commision but there are plenty that will get you stooged……………

If only it were easier to find a reputable one eh ?

Good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.