All Topics / General Property / Where to buy these shares?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of summerskysummersky
    @summersky

Just reading the posts on the thread
    “Property bust not here yet… worse to come”… set me thinking..I… & I didnt want to further complicate that thread with another tangent, so here goes-

Anyone know how to access direct shares in e-bay, and forex?
    Summersky

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

No offense summersky; but isn’t that the herd menatality? – the property market dives so they all rush to shares.
    A lot of smart property investors are getting out the chequebooks now, and a lot of shares investors are sitting on theirs.
    I love Warren Buffett’s quote and I’ve mentioned it before on this forum – “I always buy my straw hats in the winter”.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of summerskysummersky
    @summersky

Thanks Marc.. bit of perspective there… appreciate the reality check[smiling]

@l.a-aussie

I hope you are typing with one hand on the keyboard, and the other on the chequebook!!

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

This is really odd advice. Investors in both assett class are always buying and selling – there are always opportunities to be had.

Of course if you are blindly buying any property or stock then it would make sense to adopt a contrarian approach as described.

Just because the herd is buying shares doesn’t make it a bad time to buy – the demand will keep the price rising.

Things are NEVER this black and white. Making money from shares (or property) is possible in any phase of the market.

If those companies you asked after are listed then you can purchase shares through a broker. You will need a broker that can buy US stocks on your behalf.

The ASX has an enormous number of companies listed that you can buy shares in. You can buy them through a broker by phone or online via an internet broker.

Do your due diligence as you would in selecting an area to buy a house and educate yourself.

there is no right and wrong – regardless of what people might tell you.

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@l.a-aussie

Quite right Simon,
    this was my point also, but not explained as well as you. I was trying to illustrate to summersky that a down market is not a reason to ‘jump ship’ so to speak in either shares or property.
    It just happens to be up for shares and down for property -generally.
    A good investor can make money in all markets.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of summerskysummersky
    @summersky

Thanks Marc & Simon. Have taken all on board… thinking….[cap]

Profile photo of condogcondog
    Participant
    @condog

The share market is very hot at present and in desperate need of a 10%+ correction to even start finding valu in a lot of the better shares. That being said there are a few bucking the trend and going through minicycles with buying opportunities. Find 10 – 15 stocks. Research them very well. Establish acceptable yields youd be happy to get stuck with them at then use that as your buy in prices Eg i buy CBA at approx $43.50 and sell it at approx $47.50 but that increases over time as its yield grows. ANZ at $24.50 sell at $28, PPT at $69 – $70 sell at $75 to $76 etc.

Then set SMS alerts at the buy prices. Place buy oders then as soon as you own them place sel orders and wait.

This is opinion only. The share market is not only due for a 10%+ short term correction, but any post xmas shocks may be enought to give it a good counter cyclical down trend. At present it seems to be tapering off and really struggling to progress. Many undents suggest this is indicative of managed funds propping the market up while they reduce exposure.

With household debt at 145% of income prior to xmas, 3 intereest rate rises and a slowing economy, now is not the time to be jumping from property to the share market for the first time.

Sure it seems attractive with all the news of equity byouts and quick gains but this is a bubble and bubbles have a tendancy to burst……..

Procede with caution and use good shares with sound fundamentals that you are prepared to get stuck with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.