All Topics / General Property / REDCLIFFE MANIA

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

Tis an interesting thing about handshakes and I will certainly keep an eye on pictures of handshakes.(I know I know)

Even as a woman it irks me when someone gives me a limp handshake. Obviously I wouldnt want my hand strangled but a firm one shows respect., and certainly looking you in the eye. some men give "the weaker sex" that limp handshake and I find it a bit condescending or patronising. Still, it is only in recent years that men have shaken hands with women at all

Anyways for those that are curious here is a link on How to shake hands correctly.

http://www.howtodothings.com/careers/a4716-how-to-shake-hands.html

Note well the number of pumps. Any more than 3 pumps is considered awkward. hahahaha I think pumping hands is a little bit beyond my capabilities. If I like someone enough for 3 pumps, I'd give them a hug.

Sorry crashy being off topic.

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

Did you see Kevin shaking hands with the Governor General today he had the upper hand  he he….Kevin definetly fails the eye contact big time….

the lady in the photo has the upper hand…

Not exactly off topic as you quite often shake hands with those that you do property investing with agents, vendors, buyers, loan officers etc  its one way to assess their character, customs agents and other professions put a lot of emphasis in reading body language, an ozzie guy forget his name is very prominent in the body language industry he has wrote loads of books I have met him he is a big property investor and him and his wife use body language to suss out good deals he has coached President Putin who always gets the upper hand…

I shook his hand and he had two quick pumps and good eye contact…he he

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

I have 2 houses in Kippa-ring (next to Redcliffe).
    One bought in Dec 06 for 257k, just revalued @ 435k (after reno). Had a contract on it 4 months ago @ 375k tho valuation at the time was 395k, contract crashed & I saw suburb was still booming so held it vacant.
     Second one bought 4 months ago for 300k, just revalued @ 445k (after reno).

10-15% capital growth in last 3 months.

where will it stop?

I dont know, but Im sick of reno's so Im selling up & touring aus.

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

And so it looks like the northside of Brisbane mini boom continues…

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

bought Sept 07 300k, just sold 435k.

but…….its impossible to find a renovator under 340k now

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

I'm afraid Im in the wrong area of Kippa-ring.  Down off hercules rd Crashy. Where all the housing commission duplexes and units are earmarked for.

Profile photo of ritchie77ritchie77
    Participant
    @ritchie77

Interesting in North Brissy……

Does this also apply further inland such as Narangba, Burpengary, Dec. Bay, Rothwell, etc…..

I am looking keenly into these areas at the mo (probs more so Burpengary/Narangba) coz cheaper and in my price range!

Regards
    Ritchie

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

I'm building further North near water at Ningi things seem to be going well there to.  Work colleauge is looking closely at Toorbul again near water and he beleives this is a good area. He is from Redcliffe so knows the northside pretty well.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.