All Topics / General Property / REDCLIFFE MANIA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Today I inspected about 12 houses around Redcliffe QLD. I was struck by deja vu, Brisbane 2003.

Any house under 300k was being snapped up within days, and sometimes hours. A few went under contract while I was inspecting them!

Its a full blown mania.

http://www.posigear.8k.com
    Positive Geared Share Investing

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi Crashy

Reminds me of Perth 3mths ago.

Anyway, my mum and dad lived there redcliffe 10yrs ago about 4 houses from the water – left hand side of bridge over from the main land.

They were told it is being reclaimed by the sea, because of the higher water levels caused by melting ice caps or something, they predicted 50yrs or so to be all gone?.

See if you can check it out – water line 10yrs ago until now.

Be interesting to see if the level has increased

Celeste

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    Originally posted by celeste:

Hi Crashy

Reminds me of Perth 3mths ago.

Anyway, my mum and dad lived there redcliffe 10yrs ago about 4 houses from the water – left hand side of bridge over from the main land.

They were told it is being reclaimed by the sea, because of the higher water levels caused by melting ice caps or something, they predicted 50yrs or so to be all gone?.

See if you can check it out – water line 10yrs ago until now.

Be interesting to see if the level has increased

Celeste

I’ve been living on the shores of Port Phillip Bay for 45 years and the water level hasn’t moved a millimetre.
    Sometimes a storm throws water up over the top of the beach and takes a chunk of sand with it, but it’s back there next year.

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

thats fine with me, in 10yrs time the house I bought will be on the water front!

http://www.posigear.8k.com
    Positive Geared Share Investing

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin
    Originally posted by crashy:

thats fine with me, in 10yrs time the house I bought will be on the water front!

I have often wondered about this. If you had your house on reinforced stilts, like a jetty, and the sea claimed all the land, you would have a house IN the water front, right?
    How would the state gov’t levy land tax? The house is no longer on land. [strum]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Participant
    @crashy

Im doing a reno on a house in Redcliffe, paid $250k in December, just revalued @ $390k

Been trying to find another house around the 250k mark but they get snapped up before they are listed on the net. Ive given my details to 14 agents for properties under 300k & have had no contact.

In the last few weeks there have been heaps of people cruising my street looking for “for sale” signs.

Redcliffes boom has a lot to do with the promoting of the area in Brisbane TV ads. But, this area is still real cheap for what you get. Where else in Australia can you buy 400m from the water & 20 mins from CBD for 300k?

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

And it's going to get more expensive … we did 3 renos in Clontarf of 6packs, wish we kept them ??##??  its such a beautiful area …

D

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

I was considering purchasing in Tasmania late last year (Burnie area) and noticed that councils are doing investigations into effects of global warmining before considering waterfront development. Regards Linda

Profile photo of TommiTommi
    @tommi

I've noticed everything in Brissie under 350 is being snapped up really quick, its a real hassel for first time home buyers like myself, just have to be prepared …

Profile photo of TracyDTracyD
    @tracyd

Does this mean that my Deception Bay property is going to go up..Flow on effect?? hope so… hehe

Participant
    @crashy

from what I can see Deception Bay has already moved. maybe someone with RPDATA can post some stats?

Profile photo of GuanGuan
    @guan

What is all this bullshit about near the water stuff… I could not believe so many people are following that stereotype… Unless your house is near to a beautiful beach like gold coast or sunshine coast, your house is not much of value…  

However, I would agree if you guys are talking about Strathpine area with suburbs such as Lawnton, Murrumba Downs or Griffin. With good proximity from the city, they are really a good bargain right now. Also, have a look at suburbs nearer to the CBD like Zillmere, Geebung, Aspley, Chermside, Chermside West and Stafford Heights. They have lots of room for growth as I noticed their neighbouring suburbs such as Kedron, Wavell Heights, Virginia, Northgate and Nundah had gone up the roof!

Cheers

michaela_alvares5728
    Participant
    @michaela_alvares5728

I have three properties in Redcliffe – any buyers? – One is only asking $310K rented @ $250 pw walk to water – East of Oxley.
    New Kitchen and Bathroom etc

Profile photo of cu@thetopcu@thetop
    Participant
    @cu-thetop

20 minutes to the CBD!!!- that must be one hell of a rat runner route you have there- people would pay for that info.

Profile photo of RobLRobL
    @robl

The water thing is interesting … water isn't rising in Pt Phillip Bay … but some pacific nations are ankle deep in water .. wierd world eh?  They did go through the 'buy near water' thing here in Perth too … check out Safety Bay & Medina (SB is ok) but Medina .. you'd have to stand on a high voltage power line to see anything in most spots .. they announced the armadillo, Amarillo or Gene Pitney development down that way a little while back .. EVERYTHING on RE.com was shown as under offer close to the same night … mind you, value jumped 47% in around 9 months

The place next door here is for sale … 315K, renting at 280 … a koi pond next door … takers? :-)

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

Here is a well known forecasters listing of top ranking qld suburbs for growth about 6 months old now and interesting enough they are forecasting that for Brisbane the northern corridor will have better growth than the southern or western corridor.  I bought in Ningi they forecast 15% a year for next 8 years.

1 Sandstone Point 2 Munruben 3 Pelican Waters 4 Sippy Downs 5 Doonan 6 Ningi 7 Twin Waters 8 Bellmere 9 Forest Lake 10 Murrumba Downs 11 Caloundra West 12 Peregian Beach 13 Parkwood 14 Sunrise Beach 15 Griffin 16 Noosaville 17 Morayfield 18 Samford Valley 19 Warner 20 Ormeau 21 Cashmere 22 Rothwell 23 Yaroomba 24 Pacific Paradise 25 Banksia Beach 26 Mudjimba 27 Heritage Park 28 Sinnamon Park 29 Parkinson 30 Marcoola 31 Macleay Island 32 Russell Island 33 Burpengary 34 Bulimba 35 Sunshine Beach 36 Cornubia 37 Upper Kedron 38 Fitzgibbon 39 Noosa Heads 40 Doolandella 41 Curra 42 Tallabudgera 43 Tanah Merah 44 Moffat Beach  45 Coolum Beach 46 Balmoral 47 Hawthorne 48 Arundel 49 Cooroy 50 Manly 51 Logan Village 52 Narangba 53 Wilston 54 Springfield 55 Tewantin 56 Yamanto 57 Clear Island Waters 58 Buderim 59 Alexandra Headland 60 Bongaree 61 Highgate Hill 62 Glass House Mountains 63 New Farm 64 Little Mountain 65 Aroona 66 Seven Hills 67 Currimundi 68 Bli Bli 69 Mermaid Beach 70 Cannon Hill 71 Newstead 72 North Lakes 73 Lota 74 Morningside 75 Sandgate 76 Scarborough 77 Gordon Park 78 Minyama 79 East Brisbane 80 West End 81 Wynnum 82 Woody Point 83 Bonogin 84 Grange 85 Bridgeman Downs 86 Newmarket 87 Mooloolah Valley 88 Palmwoods 89 Eight Mile Plains 90 Wooloowin 91 Windsor 92 Auchenflower 93 Kenmore Hills 94 Worongary 95 Graceville 96 Belmont 97 Coorparoo 98 Greenslopes 99 Deception Bay 100 Beachmere

@guan

Hey Bardon, is that Residex report from March 2007 or September 2007?

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

I wonder about the residex figures.Residex makes forecasts based on statistics from historical performance. Now most of those top performers are new estates. 10 to 15 years ago most of the top performing suburbs didn't exist, it was just vacant farm land. So when developers bought those properties 10 yrs ago and developed them, of course there would be a huge profits made and thus historical data would show huge growth. Now I'm not so convinced that those high growth predictions are accurate.  So I guess I'm more inclined to stick to long established areas that have respectable but not outstanding growth. Anyone else have any ideas on t his? maybe I'm missing something.  I guess it's good to be close to the freeway like Murrumbah downs and griffin but while you can turn off to those places driving from brisbane, you have to travel inland to get back on the freeway to head north to the beaches.
    Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

@guan

Hi Milly,

I totally agree with you. Still, the safest bet is to stick with the old 10-15 kms from the CBD if you can afford the high negative gearing. Was proven to work and always will…

Profile photo of andrew dromgoldandrew dromgold
    Participant
    @andrew-dromgold

Hi everyone

Im in the process of building a IP in bray park. I hear a lot about warner but not bray park.
                         Is it just ovelooked.?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.