All Topics / Help Needed! / Redcliffe, Caboolture

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Anyone familiar with these areas?
    property seems cheap but maybe for good reason?
    what has the growth been like?
    what does future look like?
    ( I like doing renos, is this a smart place to do it?)

http://www.posigear.8k.com
    Positive Geared Share Investing

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

I’m not familiar with these areas, but the questions apply to any area that you are looking to invest in. Now comes the ‘due diligence’ to find out those answers.
    A good place to start is look at the local council website or maybe a tourism website for the town/city. Most towns have one or both these days and you can get some good info there.
    Things like population movements, what is the population, demographics, commerce and industry overview etc.
    Other places to look –
    Residex website for a ‘suburb profile’ – it may be free or you can buy one.
    Some real estate websites can give you a basic suburb description also.
    Ring a few local agents to see what the rent demand is like, what houses /units were selling for a few years ago. Agents also know a good deal about the economy of their area and they may help you here.
    If you can go there, look for things like a new Maccas or KFC, shopping centres, new housing estates. These are good signs usually.
    Look also for vacant shops, ‘for sale’ signs on houses -if there are a lot this could mean a problem with the economy.
    I once found an area in country Victoria (on the internet) that was very cheap and rent returns were better than normal. It sounded good from afar. It was a 6 hour drive to get there and I’m glad I did as I found the town was dying and nothing was happening. The bank was selling it’s building, and several properties owned by the railways were for sale as well. The high school had closed down recently and the kids were being bussed to a bigger town not far away. hmmm.
    Saved myself a lot of money I suspect. It was good experience and I had a nice trip in the country.
    I have bought without seeing the property a few times now, but there was EXTENSIVE research and questions before-hand.
    Keep in mind that if houses are cheap, it is very easy to over- capitalise on renos. Budgets for renos will have to be very strict.
    Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

I know both these places well. Caboolture is a lower socio-economic area with all the problems that that encompasses. There is a high demand for rentals but you may not want to live there. Tis a nasty heat there. But it is close to the freeway up to the sunshine coast.

Redcliffe is a mix of lower socio-economic and waterfront toffs. I like redcliffe, it’s cool, having water on three sides. However it doesnt have infrastructure to support its population. The water is piped there. The Houton 2 lane bridge is totally inadequate and there always seems to be a breakdown when you’re in a hurry. And yes they have been promising another bridge for the past 100 years so Ill believe it when i see it. If you choose to go with redcliffe get as close to the water as poss. If you buy in kippa ring you might as well be anywhere.

As for renos, Redcliffe would have older style houses, tho more fibro beach houses than queenslanders.

they have both been ordinary capital growth areas
    goodluck

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

a few stats:

Suburb; Median:

Redcliffe 266k
    Clontarf 304k
    Woody Pt 380k
    Scarborough 323k
    Margate 265k
    Kippa-ring 260k
    Rothwell 344k

http://www.posigear.8k.com
    Positive Geared Share Investing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.