All Topics / Finance / Investing in Managed Apartments in Melbourne CBD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of cazmeistercazmeister
    Participant
    @cazmeister

I came across some stata titled apartments for sale in the CBD. This interesting thing was that all the outgoings are paid by the the management company with a guaranteed rental income.
    These are typically one or two bedroom apartments. The price is not dictated by the the land value but the by the rental return.
    I was thinking of this as an entry level in to investing in property.
    However when I approached the banks they replied that they would not fianance against this type of property.

Has anyone had experience with this type of property before?
    Where can I get finance?[worried]

Profile photo of Mr MortgageMr Mortgage
    @mr-mortgage

Most lenders don’t like serviced apartments because they are looked on as a specialty security, ie not everyones cup of tea. If the bank is left holding the property due to a default by the borrower, they feel that the property may be harder to sell and subsequently revovery for the lender becomes harder. As a consequence their risk is increased and thats why most lender either refuse to lend on them or will do so but at a much lower ratio, normally 60%

Good Luck

Mr Mortgage
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Think you would get more than 60% LVR (we recently did one at 75%) but i agree with MrM.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of cazmeistercazmeister
    Participant
    @cazmeister

Thanks guys for your replies. I guess waht appeals is the simplicity of the deal. For instance the Manager pays all the outgoings and a guaranteed increased in income of 3% PA. And there is no vacancy risk. Hence the lower return. The down side is that there is nothing I can personally do to the property to make increase its value. Looks like I need to do more homework on the true returns.[blush2]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.