All Topics / Help Needed! / $2 House!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of Adam BairdAdam Baird
    Participant
    @adam-baird

My $2 Challenge was born on Wednesday 23 August when I was at a Property Investment Seminar in Palmerston North. The presenter, John Hutchinson, threw me a $2 coin and I said "I will change this $2 into $20 by tomorrow night!" [blink] Somehow I am now in the middle of the $2 Trade Challenge and the goal is A House! [specool] Why would I do this? I believe that being successful is a simple process of modeling the strategies of other successful people to achieve a similar result. In this case, I am going to model Kyle McDonald's one red paper clip trading strategy to create success for myself. To see my current item which is valued at $3499 check out my blog http://www.tradechallenge.co.nz I make a post each time that I make a trade to keep you informed with my progress. Have an excellent weekend and I look foward to bringing you more updates as my $2 Challenge continues. Email me [email protected] if you have something bigger, better, interesting or outrageous that you would like to swap for my current item. P.S. $2 in August = $3499 in November. That is a 175,000% return!! _______________________________________ Adam Baird http://www.tahoe.co.nz [email protected]

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    Profile photo of Adam BairdAdam Baird
    Participant
    @adam-baird

Absolutley L.A. Aussie!

I am very excited about the remainder of the challenge!!

[strum]

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

I’d love to play along, just for fun. Unfortunately you exchanged something of intrinsic value (the $200 painting, whch was good, not great) for something fleeting. An object for an event.

Still, there are probably still a few sheeple prepared to trade something of some value for the worthless event.
    Good luck.

F. [cowboy2]

Participant
    @adam-baird

Hi Foundation,
    Thanks for your comments, as always, when I am doing something that is not “normal” I am open to criticism.

I appreciate that you considered “playing along” and look forward to making the next trade with someone who does see the value in my current item. [specool]

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion – I see that about 180 people have viewed this thread and decided not to. [party]

Profile photo of KiwijockeyKiwijockey
    @kiwijockey

Good Luck Adam!

Bring on [jerry]

Hayden.
    ” Daddy is the most important title I hold! “

Participant
    @adam-baird

Thanks for the vote of support Hayden [thumbsupanim]

[medieval]

(If you hadn’t guessed – I like these lil dudes –> [upsidedown])

@l.a-aussie

we had guessed

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Participant
    @adam-baird

haha

ok, perhaps I should limit it to one smilie per post [exhappy]

What are your thoughts on my $2 Trade Challenge?

What is your opinion….Will I achieve my goal of making several trades from $2 to a house?

@l.a-aussie

been done before. yawn.
    [sleepy2]

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Participant
    @adam-baird

Hi LA Aussie,

Yes, you’re right – the trading from a small item to a house strategy has been done before, no doubt about it.

My only objection to that comment and the yawn is this:
    Creating income through Real Estate has also been done before, yet 1000s of people attend seminars, read books and model the strategies that have been proven successful in the past so they can all enjoy a similar result.

I am simply modeling the strategy that Kyle McDonald used to create success for himself.

There’s something for you to consider. I appreciate your interest in this thread Marc – cheers [smiling]

@l.a-aussie

Yes,
    but property investing is interesting to everyone on this forum, and the main point of this forum I suspect.
    There are those here who want to share knowledge and ideas with others about investing in property, and there are those here who are trying to self promote…

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of neil91255neil91255
    @neil91255

L.A. Aussie…

‘some people have to be taught how to smile…others just enjoy smiling’

Just listened to SMc at his book launch….his first investments in his ‘new life’ of investing for wealth creation….a carpark and a billboard!

Non-traditionalist property investing creating wealth by staying cash positive and being adaptable.

Whats the difference? $2 to a house?

@l.a-aussie

Interesting. I didn’t know a billboard was property.
    $2 to a house is not property investing; that’s trading – there just happens to be a house mixed up in the items.
    Maybe we can get a few taxi licence holders to give us some input on those investments on this PROPERTY FORUM.
    I heard Alpacas are o.k, or what about futures trading; or maybe art?

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Participant
    @adam-baird
    Originally posted by L.A Aussie:

Interesting. I didn’t know a billboard was property.

Like they say “You learn something new everyday”
    Billboards are great for cashflow. They are extremely low maintenance and can add value to the building they are stuck on or the land the post is in.

$2 to a house is not property investing; that’s trading – there just happens to be a house mixed up in the items.

Buying & Selling a property for a profit (or even a loss) is also referred to as Trading and in fact is not Property Investing.

…. PROPERTY FORUM.

The goal for me is to own a property. Is that the goal of most members on this website? I am using a slightly different strategy to aquire the house, thats all [suave2]

I heard Alpacas are o.k, ….

No idea whether or not they are a good investment.
    Alpacas, I like Alpacas. Being a Kiwi, some would assume I like Sheep, but there is something about Alpacas necks…

neil91255 & L.A Aussie, cheers for your interest in my $2 Trade Challenge

Profile photo of dare_to_dreamdare_to_dream
    @dare_to_dream

Hey,

You could have sheep AND alpaca’s. Alpaca’s are often put in with flocks of sheep because they keep the foxes away. I have a couple of Alpaca’s at home – $1500 for a female it cost me!

Anyway, good luck with the challenge! Any ideas what your next trade will be? What happens if you can’t sell that ticket before the seminar is on – then you would go down to $0. I don’t think that was the wisest of trades in my opinion.

Cheers

Paul [suave2]

Participant
    @adam-baird
    Originally posted by dare_to_dream:

You could have sheep AND alpaca’s.

Now there’s a comment from a person with an abundant mindset!
    Too many people are “or” people, why not become an “and” person.

The same goes for the word can and the word can’t. Someone once said “Be a can person not a can’t”

Originally posted by dare_to_dream:
    Anyway, good luck with the challenge! Any ideas what your next trade will be? What happens if you can’t sell that ticket before the seminar is on – then you would go down to $0. I don’t think that was the wisest of trades in my opinion.

I have no idea what I am going to trade next. When I look back at the previous 6 trades, I also had no idea what I was going to be trading then…

You’re right, if I didn’t trade before May 2007 the item would become worthless. I think that this makes the item a great one! Having a timeframe to work within will ensure that a trade IS made and the momentum will continue.

I appreciate your constructive comments Paul.

The $2 Trade Challenge blog is http://www.trade-challenge.blogspot.com

Participant
    @adam-baird

Me again!
    You'll all be pleased to read this post…some awesome progress!
    It's been a while since I've poped onto propertyinvesting.com

1) I traded the Richmastery Academy Ticket for a $5000 Toyota Supra
    2) We auctioned the Painting for $450 that was donated to the Mental Health Foundation
    3) The $2 Trade Challenge now has an awesome website http://www.tradechallenge.co.nz
    4) The $2 Trade Challenge was on New Zealand Current Affairs program 20/20 – Watch here

Exciting stuff huh!

The website has had thousands of hits and I am now considering several offers to trade for the supra…

One trade at a time…the house is coming!!

Update for you again soon…

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I will give you a house for whatever you have to trade.

I am building on the land so the house is ready to be picked up whenever you like.

Cheers

Participant
    @adam-baird

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your offer to trade – what would the fair market value of the house be?
    The house I am going to trade for must be worth at least 6 figures ie: $100k.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.