All Topics / Help Needed! / Can my conveyancer help me?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of menteementee
    Participant
    @mentee

Hi guys, if one found something in the building/pest inspection, would you ask the conveyancer to help you to negotiate to get it fix, or would you do it yourself?
    Sorry, but this is our first IP, and we don’t know what level of service we’re getting from the conveyancing service.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

You need to negotiate through the REA.

The conveyancer will help you get out of the contract via your inspection clause if you decide not to purchase because of the repairs needed.

But you can try to negotiate a price reduction and you probably should.

How severe were the things you found?

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of SargeantSargeant
    @sargeant

Work out a price and get your solicitor to ask for this reduction via fax cc to the agent on the 11th hour I have seen this done many a time.

Your agent can give you an indication as to the vendors motivation for selling. IE. if they have brought another house they would want the hold sold to finance their next home.

The negataion would have to come through the solicitor at some point anyway.

Hope this helps

Aslam Sargeant
    Looking to buy in SE QLD?
    [email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.