All Topics / General Property / $5.25 mil gain in 18 months!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

PERTH’S best-known house, built by the late Bond Corp lieutenant Peter Beckwith, has been sold for $12.25 million, just 18 months after selling for $7 million.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/boom-town-keeps-up-pace-with-123m-house-sale/2006/11/24/1164341400989.html

Damm, I wanted to buy this at the time, but was $6.999million short!

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Hey, Money really does beget Money

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Were you ever in doubt?

Who was it that once said that the first million was the hardest.
    I think we now have to up that to 2 or 3 million. Inflation you know. [cigar]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Waiting for that fisrt $1M in Equity…then I be happy

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

The wife and I walk past # 20 every morning during our daily constitutional. It’s been permanently knobbled.

It used to be on one title, on the corner and fronting the river. A beautiful 102m frontage to a quiet street, and a 40m frontage to both Jutland Parade and the Swan river. A prime 4,000 sqm block.

Since the river frontage was carved off and sold for two tiny battleaxe blocks, it’s permanently wrecked it. The remaining house on about 2,200 sqm is a shadow of it’s former self, on only half the dirt with two low brick boxes permanently wrecking it’s river views.

Whoever paid 12.3m got royally ripped off. Probably expat Chinese clients of ‘big Willie’, who bought the 15.5m house, mistakenly reported in the attached SMH article as being “high on the hill in Claremont”. In fact that place was on Victoria Ave in Dalkeith also.

The journo’s certainly didn’t do any homework when they wrote that article. Must be Sydney based.

The largest and most expensive house in Perth by far is the monster on the Mosman Park foreshore. Anyone travelling up the Swan river by boat would know what I mean. People offered 42m for it just recently and they were told to go away – not enough.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.