All Topics / Help Needed! / Possibility of renting empty houses

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of RichardRoperRichardRoper
    Participant
    @richardroper

G’day All,

I have notices a number of houses around my area that are empty. This is probably because they are scheduled for demolition in order to build multiple houses on the block.

I was wondering what people thought of the idea of going to the owner and offering to sublet their houses out whilst they were waiting to start their building project?

I was thinking that if there was a possibility of 6 months or so delay that there may be students interested in the new year.

Does anyone know of any other possible renters?

What do you think the pitfalls would be in such an idea?

What sort of offers would be attractive to owners for them to want to go for such an offer?

Richard

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Richard

Even if the owner was prepared to Rent the properties and you were able to find people who wanted only 6 months accomodation.

i see the pitfalls for you. You do a heap of work to find tenants who will be preparted to live in a place for only 6 months and then they leave so you make a very small commission that lasts only 6 months for a lot of work. Is this really what you want ???

regards westan

http://www.iproperty.net.au
    The leaders in USA Investing.
    join out free database [email protected]

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

You also need to consider that the owners will not want to fix things on their properties if they are going to be demolished. That would be unfair for the tenant because if they are paying rent, they should have everthing in good working order!

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Sounds like a lot of work – and you couldn’t charge much more than a PM to do the same as they do.

If these houses are slated for development then the owners are clever enough that they have already considered renting it out in the interim.

Good try – keep thinking. There’s a good idea in there somewhere [biggrin]

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

I agree with all the comments so far.
    Sorry Richard.
    Keep trying
    Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of RichardRoperRichardRoper
    Participant
    @richardroper

Thanks for you thoughts.

Seem a shame though.

I would have thought that there would be some out there willing to rent for a short time and I wonder if the owners would be interested if there was someone interested in doing the the work for them? If work is the only reason the owners are not renting that is.

I can appeciate that it may only produce a small income, if it works but I wonder if a small profit is a small profit? Or are you say that there would be no profit or that the profit is not worth the time?

Richard

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hi Richard
    My take would be there would be minimal or no profit in it.
    Can I suggest having a look at other options that could be better use $ wise of your time.
    Regards
    Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of RichardRoperRichardRoper
    Participant
    @richardroper
    Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Richard
    PM me if you would like to discuss further
    Regards
    Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.