All Topics / Help Needed! / City Council’s – wealth of info?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of jeremyjyskjeremyjysk
    @jeremyjysk

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone could share with me their experiences in speaking to councils regarding development in an area.

I have been calling the city council for areas which I have been researching and I have found that all of them have been pretty helpful eg including sending me CDs on land development and generally telling me about the demographics of the area.

I have mainly been speaking to either the Environmental Services or Strategic Planning departments. And a typical question would be something like.. ” Could you tell me where on your website I can find out more about the future land use in XX area?”. And the conversation flows on from there.

Any tips anyone? eg regarding any particularly helpful council document or questions to ask them? Or maybe even on how useful councils are in determining the growth or demographics of an area.

Any advice would be great as it will give me (or anyone reading this) extra insight next time on how to gather as much data regarding an area.

Thank you [biggrin]
    Jeremy

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

I reckon you take town planner out to lunch !

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.