All Topics / Help Needed! / Good areas to live in SE QLD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of NSW_MiagNSW_Miag
    @nsw_miag

Hello,
    I have been watching this forum for some time and this is my first post. I am looking to move to SE QLD after christmas. Can anyone suggest some good areas to live?
    I guess it depends on my work… I am a builder, so can anyone suggest some good boom areas close to the beach?
    I want to be able purcahse a property in an area that has yet to have its “boom”. I know that there are alot of areas in SE QLD that have already had the “boom”. What areas are left?
    Input would be apreichiated.

Profile photo of Bo_D_Bo_D_
    Participant
    @bo_d_

ormeau may well be worth a look mate, however i dont think theres a location near the beach thats “cheap” but ormeau isnt to far away from the beach, and its still reasonaly priced.

Profile photo of alottialotti
    Participant
    @alotti

What kind of beach do you prefer? If you don’t need a crowded touristy place like the Gold Coast, but a coastal beach for locals, try Redcliffe in Brisbane’s outer northern suburbs. I just purchased a very cheap house there to renovate. I think it is yet to boom, and it’s less than 30km to the Brissie CBD.

Lena

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Maybe you should consider renting a place for 6 months or so until you get a “feel” for the area. I suppose it really depends on your personal circumstances and if you have a partner and/or children.

The Qld Office of Urban Managment have printed a SEQ Regional Plan 2005 – 2026, which you can obtain for free via the website at http://www.oum.qld.gov.au.
    Its quite a thick book and details areas that are earmarked for future development including maps etc. This may help you uncover the next building “boom” area. Persoanlly I’d be looking at Ipswich although its a day trip to the beach!

For other tips on how to research an area check out the new website at http://www.propertydivas.com.au

Best wishes for your new life in sunny QLD

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, than to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

anywhere on the northside.! YAY! [jerry]

everyone has their own personal favourites. Everywhere in SE qld experienced the last boom. Stick to areas close to the freeway that takes you to the Gold and Sunshine Coasts. You can get a bargain in outlying areas, like Redcliffe, Ipswich Pine River’s, Logan, but the proven continued capital growth is as close to teh CBD as you can get.

If I were you I’d get teh top 100 residex report on Brisbane and then research the best performers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.