All Topics / General Property / Positve Gearing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ColGarrasColGarras
    Participant
    @colgarras

Has anyone out there actually bought a positively geared property in Australia in the last 12 months? If so, where? I’m not sure I want to go the path of investing in mining/resources areas but am willing to take a look if there are some positive responses. Have sadly missed the boat here in WA.

This is my first ever post (although have been investing for a while). Thanks for any help you all can give.

Profile photo of elkamelkam
    @elkam

Hello Col

There is a thread on this very question that has been going for awhile.
    Here is the link. It’s called where to find CF+ deals.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/22508.html

Hope this helps [smiling]

Elka

Profile photo of Mikey PMikey P
    Participant
    @mikey-p

Hi
    I will sound like a stuck record here but checkout Kalgoorlie and Kambalda on http://www.realestate.com.au these two places are showing great returns..well into cashflow+. The growth over the next few years over there is huge. Kambalda especially is focusing on building their community rather than allowing fly in fly out type workers that create a temporary population. You haven’t missed the boat in WA at all..Perth maybe but over the next 6 months or so the market will go gang busters in Kambalda just ask the locals. Houses selling for $100K returning $160 – $180 per week.
    I’m not endorsing Kambalda but I am investing there and loving every $econd of it!!!!!!!!
    Mikey

seals139
    Participant
    @seals139

Not in last 12 months but as Mikey P said Kalgoorlie is way to go, i’ve seen properties for 200k rented out for $300 p/w in last 12 months.
    I brought a house in kalgoorlie would have been 3 years ago got it for 82k now its rented out for $200 p/w.
    Why not invest in mining towns? people are like when kalgoorlie runs out of gold everyone will move away, that is not going to happen. For starters they mine more than just gold, there would be at least 6 mines within 50km of the town. Plus there are a lot of people with normal jobs that live there.
    Fair enough most people go there make money and leave, these are the people who dont want to buy house to live in but have to rent one to live in.

Profile photo of ctaingctaing
    Participant
    @ctaing

Hi ColGarras,

No idea how one can do it. But the only way I know is with higher deposit for properties in close to CBD. It maybe too restrcitive and concervative for returns on sum invested. Time in the market will make -CF properties positive, boring but true.

To fast track – you may need to check out or search posts here on creative investments, such as properties with a twist, wraps, lease buy, etc.

We tend to ask this very question when we don’t know where to start. Look at your plan and strategies in the long term may be the key.

Cheers
    CT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.