All Topics / Help Needed! / together or seperate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi all

I have just purchased a duplex pair for reno and resale, with seperate settlement dates, 1 month apart, so 1 should be finished B4 the other.

My delimma is, do I sell them as they are finished or hold back on one and put both on the market at the same time.

Points to keep in mind:

sell seperate

– the 2nd may still have extenal work being done. street appeal less. will try to organise to have both extenals done at same time.
    – more buyers for 1 property could push up price. less choice. different set of buyers 1 month later.

sell both at same time

– could attract investor who will buy both (but they do not want to pay top dollar)
    – same set of buyers for both. ( around the corner from me a subdivison of 3 blocks went up for austion on the same day the sale price decreased with each block)
    – selling costs less

What would you do?
    Your thought appreciated.

Celeste

Profile photo of GiovanniGiovanni
    Participant
    @giovanni

Hi Celeste,

If money is not an issue and CGT either, then I would put it back onto the market as soon as you are ready.
    Neil Jenman said there are average 40 buyers for every month, not always the same buyers but the same number. If you can get the top buyer (not an investor of course) for the first, then you can relax and wait for the next top buyer.

good luck,

Gio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.