All Topics / Help Needed! / I’m ready but where should I start?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of FreetoliveFreetolive
    @freetolive

I need advice on starting investing![blink]

Here’s my situation:

Equity: ~ $165k (in investment property)
    Income: ~ $88k

1st Investment: Value: $300k
    1st Investment: Loan: $135k

Personal income: $76k
    Rental income : $12k

I’ve thought about going through a company that helps you source your investments but I’m not confident that they will do the best deal for me (ie. could be great for them![eh]).

Also, I want to maximise my ability to buy as many as I can by not buying duds… I guess this is everyones problem hey?[blush2]

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on what I can do with my situation, I’d really appreciate it (no pun intended).[goatee]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Sounds like you have already started.

Why not duplicate what you have already achieved?

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of FreetoliveFreetolive
    @freetolive

IP was my own home for 5 years. I have moved to a mining town and therefore I cannot duplicate what I have done. Unless of course I want to retire when I’m 90.[whistle]

Profile photo of Chris-SydChris-Syd
    Participant
    @chris-syd

I would suggest you get a couple of books and read about proptery investing.

This will then help you narrow down what type of property you want, your price range etc
    Then you need to search for a place and find one which is suitable for you. This seems to be the hard bit in finding a CF+ property.

Chris

All post are IMHO.

Profile photo of FreetoliveFreetolive
    @freetolive

Thanks Chris and Mortgage Hunter.

I think I’ve decided on starting on a plan. I seen a few other guys plans and I’m astonished that after years of not being able to do anything due my circumstances, I haven’t used that time to design a good plan.

[withstupid]
    I’m going to rifle through some other forums about people’s plans and the pitfalls, pro’s etc of each. And I’ll start another forum asking people what their plans are and how successful they have been…[rambo2]

Thanks for your advice guys![thumbsupanim]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.