All Topics / Help Needed! / Share bond investment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

Hello,
    This website is all about houses. which return 6-8%, after rates and body corporates. Just covering repayments.
    What about these investment bonds i see in the Sydney morning herald. $5,000 minimim 1 year minimum returning 9-12%. Anyone used any of these? Which are the best? Are they no risk (eg. it is just a bank account and at the end i get my money back no matter what). Not associated to the high risk that the invester will use with my money on shares.
    Any feedback on this would be good. And i am sorry that this may not be the correct spot for this post….[biggrin]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Loook at the URl of this site and that may tell you why this forum is about houses.

Go to http://www.fido.gov.au and read about why these instruments offering over 8% return are high risk.

They are a yield instrument only. No CG is possible.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    Originally posted by vyaw2003:

Hello,
    This website is all about houses. which return 6-8%, after rates and body corporates. Just covering repayments.
    What about these investment bonds i see in the Sydney morning herald. $5,000 minimim 1 year minimum returning 9-12%. Anyone used any of these? Which are the best? Are they no risk (eg. it is just a bank account and at the end i get my money back no matter what). Not associated to the high risk that the invester will use with my money on shares.
    Any feedback on this would be good. And i am sorry that this may not be the correct spot for this post….[biggrin]

These are not the same thing as bank accounts. The rates are higher than banks because of the risks involved.

I think it was last year that one of these sorts of companies went belly up – many lost their life savings.

Another downside is that you cannot borrow to fund these like you can with property, so this will limit your return as well.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.