All Topics / General Property / Perth, Australia’s dearest capital city ??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

Imagine Perth being Australia’s dearest capital. Some back water,
    people from this side of the country called FLYSVILLE.

When you read that Perth is the dearest Australian city, relating to household income and is the WORLDS FIFTH dearest city, again on household income. HOW BLOODY STUPID !!!!!

If i owned property in West Aussie it would be on the market at this very minute.

Sydney is having a bad time in certain suburbs. These are the suburbs that Jan Somers writes in her books about buying medium priced properties.
    She said that medium priced investment property has less fluctuations. WRONG JAN !!!!
    The properties that are going gang -busters are the above medium suburbs.
    My last property investment (Sept.06) was in Curl Curl.Because it is on dual occ. site. the purchase price was one point two million dollars.
    The house is only fit for demolition. I’ll be building two new free-standing houses.
    That’s my last property investment.
    I’m into share trading and trading options.

bruham.

Profile photo of Mikey PMikey P
    Participant
    @mikey-p

Yep
    Crazy crazy times in the West…….
    When it ends which it will, the fall out will be huge. But when will it end??? WA is one big mining town in the middle of the biggest resource boom in history. The Chinese economy is set to keep rolling, the migration from country to city of millions of chinese each month will keep the infastructure building going which in turn keeps the rock digging going in good old WA. The olympics are also happening in 2008 over there!!!!! 350,000,000 middle class chinese have been created in the last two years and their thirst for gold to illustrate their wealth will only increase leading up to the games!!!! The only question I have is which state next????
    Mikey

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

bruham
    congratulations on your Curl Curl property, I have heard this is a great spot.

Mickey P
    I was listening to Gavin Hegney on ABC last week where he mentioned there were only 2 States he would invest in for future growth – WA and QLD.
    He spoke about the fundamentals which would continue to drive these markets upward, ie pop growth, employment.

Marisa

(Hard work never killed anyone, buy hey why take a chance)

Profile photo of asdfasdf
    Participant
    @asdf

Mate, $1.2M for a piece of dirt. Whats the address? Did you bid for the one which got passed in at $950k vendors bid only? Only 400m2 or something ridiculous like that. How big is your block? Are you a builder? cos I have heard of beachside and water view premiums for duplexes. A guy I know got a DA approval for his tiny 450m2 block in Woollahra. Builders wanted $1M to build duplex….. wait for it, that is each! Perhaps you can leverage off what Michael Whyte is doing from Somersoft. Good luck mate. I am very envious. Would liek to buy that PPOR in Nthn Beaches one day. Perhaps I should offload my IPs….. :)

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

G’day ASDF,

Actually it isn’t a dual occ. block of dirt, but two full blocks of land.
    The people who sold to me hated neighbours, so they bought two blocks side by side twenty something years back. Then built their dream home right in the middle of the blocks.

These blocks can both be dual occ’s. Four lovely houses will be built on them.
    This will take around about two and a half to three years to have up and running. No longer I hope.
    So now I’m chasing the administator (don’t have a council) trying to keep everything on track.

bruham.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling
    Originally posted by bruham:

HOW BLOODY STUPID !!!!!

If i owned property in West Aussie it would be on the market at this very minute.

I’m of the opposite opinion to you bruham.

We are keeping all of our stock and just about to buy again, this time something that is worth more than our entire portfolio put together….jumping in boots and all, as usual.

It’s great fun, come in the water’s fine. [biggrin]

Participant
    @bruham

Dazzling,

My goodness the king of the “Property Investing forum” takes time out to make a comment on the old fart bruham’s posting. Allah be praised.
    I felt a bit giddy for a moment- hope it wasn’t my life flashing by me.
    ALL the EXCITEMENT of having a DAZZLING’S comment.

G’day Dazzling,

As a ex. Sandgroper, even an ex Geraldton boy, ex. Perth person.
    Ex. West Aussie hoon.
    Living in the west, properties were always at give away prices.
    I just can’t get my head around how these prices sky rocketed as they did. And I wasn’t a part of it. BUGGER !!!!!
    I did own property at Quinns Rocks years ago, sold all for a Sydney home.

While you sit on your BUM doing it hard on your oil rig, in absolute five star comfort. Air-conditioning, tea,coffee, television, cable tv thrown in etc etc. I cry for you. I’m crying.
    I worked at Port headland and Mt Tom Price. NO BLOODY air-conditioning when I arrived. NEVER at P.H.
    You lived in Besser block room, window was a hole in the wall with two bolts attached to the outside wall to bolt on a galvanized panel in times of cyclones. Which there were.

Dazzling I have to admit to enjoying your posts. They are now the forums best. I look for posts with the Dazzling tag.You’re a intelligent person and very street wise.
    All the best and good luck.

bruham.

Participant
    @bruham

Dazzling,

How the bloody hell can Perth be the fifth dearest city in the WORLD? It just can’t keep going like that.
    Think of some REAL cities of the world, and imagine comparing them to Perth. Perth is just not in the race !
    I think I’m going mental thinking about it all the time.
    So I won’t, it’s all forgotten.
    Hell ,how can it be so expensive over there? I mean—-
    It doesn’t make —- Ah <edited> !!!

bruham. [grrr] [chill]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

45.6% CG for Perth in the last 12 Months and around 10% in the last 1/4 has done wonders for my portfolio.

Now looking elsewhere though for value as I’ve locked in my Perth profits

[strum][biggrin]

Not

[grrr]

our turn in the sun..

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Online Positive Cashflow and Renovating Calculators

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hey Redwing,

Its been an amazing ride – 5 years and still going strong.

For those who have enjoyed the journey…… congratulations.

As far as investing in WA I would not be giving it away just yet, I believe it still provides more opportunities for CG than East at this point in time.

(Hard work never killed anyone, buy hey why take a chance)

Profile photo of TizzyTizzy
    @tizzy

Gotta agree with you there Marisa.

I’m another happy Perth bunny who won’t be pulling out of any real estate holdings here any time soon. I’ve always felt Perth and WA in general were under appreciated and never treated seriously. I’ts a pleasure to see the place being “discovered”.

I think any who is waiting for WA to slip into the background again is going to be waiting for a very long time. [exhappy]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.