All Topics / Finance / what is a good commision price to sell a flat?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

I have a $120k place and an agent has 2 intested buyers. She wants to charge 5.5% ($6700)
    Is that too much?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Guess it all depends on where it is located.

I paid 3% for selling a couple of units i bought in Benalla, Vic and was very happy at that.

How many other agents in the area and what will you get for your dollars i would be asking.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner. Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    Looking for life cover – We Guarantee to beat any quote you have in writing.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

that is the total cost, no gst, no advertising fees, nothing just the flat fee of $6,700. and i dont have to pay any more.

Profile photo of marg4000marg4000
    @marg4000

These “interested buyers” may or may not exist – it’s a common ploy to get vendors to sign up with agents.

Check out other agents in the area and their charges.

You will probably have to sign an agreement with the agent for him/her to act for you, just be careful about signing up for a long period. I reckon 30 days is quite sufficient to begin with, you can always extend the time if you are happy with the work the agent is doing for you. If not, be sure to terminate the agreement IN WRITING and keep a copy.
    Marg

Profile photo of VesperaVespera
    @vespera

5% seems high and I doubt she actually has the buyers ready to go. If you want to sell very quickly agree to the 5% but only give her a contract for 3 days. If she really has buyers then it wont be a problem. If she doesnt then you can take the contract to someone cheaper.

Just be mindful of the fact that you get what you pay for.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.