All Topics / General Property / Commercial Property

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of tammekandtammekand
    @tammekand

My husband and I own our home. It is worth aprox. $600,000. We were thinking, is it worth selling and buying a Commercial Property for around $500,000 – $600,000 which brings in approximately $50,000 nett/annum and just rent a nice home and have money left over??

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

Can’t tell you what you should do with your own investments. It really depends upon your goals, your needs, your risk profile.

But check out the other active thread on commecial property because it is very different to residential property and maybe not the right thing if it’s your only investment.

To understand a bit more about the differences between commercial and residential property have a look at this article….

http://www.propertyupdate.com.au/articles/49/1/Residential-Or-Commercial—Which-is-right-for-you%3F

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Publisher of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 17,000 readers.
    FREE subscription http://www.PropertyUpdate.com.au

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Tammekand,

You simply won’t get a good quality commercial property at that price with a 10% yield, or anywhere near it. If you want to go down the commercial road, get yourself some good quality advice. If you let me know which State you are in i would be happy to refer you to a knowledgable commercial buyers agent in your area.

Regards
    Alistair

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.