All Topics / General Property / Anyone thinking about Frankston

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dutchiedutchie
    @dutchie

With the council spending many million on the new beach front and shopping centre, add to this the new Mitcham freeway, property prices have become stagnant and in some parts down 10-20%, what are your thoughts about Frankston.

You can still pick up some great buys there and I think they are the last of the coastal cities that has not really seen the boom!!!

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    Originally posted by dutchie:

With the council spending many million on the new beach front and shopping centre, add to this the new Mitcham freeway, property prices have become stagnant and in some parts down 10-20%, what are your thoughts about Frankston.

You can still pick up some great buys there and I think they are the last of the coastal cities that has not really seen the boom!!!

We are originally from Dromana, and own property in Frankston as well. I agree totally. It is squashed in between Mt. Eliza and Seaford which have both boomed and have become ‘gentrified’. Frankston has the stigma of low-socioeconomic area at the moment, but infrastructure is great and as you say; the Marina and the freeway will change things a lot. It’s only 45 mins from Melb. It is lifting its game!
    Also look at Dromana – booms either side, good infrastructure/views and the Marina up the road. It is a forgotten jewel; but not for much longer. Lots of development going on now, very limited land available – especially with bay views

Cheers,
    Marc.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of paisneilpaisneil
    Participant
    @paisneil

Hi

Just bought in Frankston sth, holding it for 5 years and thinking of developing.

regards

Sunny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.