All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing for uni student – your help pls!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jenjenz_79jenjenz_79
    @jenjenz_79

Hello all [biggrin]

Here’s my “thing”…

I’ll be studying full time for the next two years so my money situation will be really tight (will be working part-time, no help from parentals!). I sold a house with my ex earlier this year and have $25K leftover to invest. I’m not really sure what to do with it. At the end of my studies I’d like to use it to invest in property, so I don’t want to tie it up in something that isn’t that liquid.

I don’t see myself being able to put any more than around $20/wk into the investment when I’m at uni, except in the holidays if I work more hours. I would dearly love to invest in a positive cashflow property now, but am concerned about the prospect of having things like water heaters breaking down on me and needing to fork out $800 at a day’s notice!

Any suggestions on what you think I should do? Shares? Term deposits? Property? New clothes?!? All comments welcome, I need a few brainstorming ideas [upsidedown]

Cheers!
    Jen

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Definately not the clothes Jen [biggrin]

How about a creative cash flow strategy like leasing with an option to purchase. It enables you to trade a property and make some profit while enjoying cash flow in the mean time. Great way to get started into property.

I have more of a description on my website and some free downloads. Or please me at any time if you have any questions. [biggrin]

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of learnsharelearnshare
    @learnshare

How about subleasing a property to uni students, sepecially of those from overseas.
    e.g. you rent a 4 bedroom house near to your uni for $300-$400/week. And then you sub-lease it per room, say, for $150/week. so, you’ll earn gross $300 or $200 per week after your oen rental payment.
    Practically, you don’t need any capital lay-out for the purpose. But of course you should spend some times to manage it well. Including to collect the lease payments yourself.

Only one of the options that might be viable I think.

Cheers,
    then you will earn gross $300

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.