All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to data regarding vacancy rates ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jeremyjyskjeremyjysk
    @jeremyjysk

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on finding out about vacancy rates for residential and/or commercial properties in NSW, VIC and QLD – or any state for that matter?

I have normally asked real estate agents, but would prefer if I could find solid data myself, instead of believing what they say on face value.

I have checked with REIV and they directed me to their regular property reports which cost $75. And they also mentioned that some commercial real estate agents publish this data, but I am yet to find anything for now.

Anyone help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    [biggrin]

Jeremy

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

The REIA publish this data for each state in the quarterly MArket Facts report – but you have to pay for it

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Publisher of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 17,000 readers.
    FREE subscription http://www.PropertyUpdate.com.au

Profile photo of jeremyjyskjeremyjysk
    @jeremyjysk

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the input. Is there any other way besides having to pay the REIA for it? eg extracting data from ABS or Department of Housing etc.

I called around a couple real estate agents today to test out how much they knew about the vacancy rates and average rental yield of their areas – some were knowledgable, but there was one lady who was a bit frustrated when I started going into detail.

ps I have read your book – great work!! Your insights regarding property cycles and understanding the demographic of an area was particularly useful [biggrin] I got a lot out of it!!

Thanks again for your help! [biggrin]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.