All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Recommend a professional Solicitor in Brisbane?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Jessica3Jessica3
    @jessica3

Hello my fellow investors,

I’m from Syd and this year purchased an IP in Brisbane. I had used the services of a prominent law firm in the Brisbane CBD, which as a result turned out to be the most frustrating & teeth clenching experience for me.

There was no service and communication at all. I only ever got through to my solicitor by phone twice (total of 3 mins) in six months and was always directed to the Solicitors Assistant. I was extremely fed up calling 7-8 times a day and not receiving any returned calls as settlement was nearing. On a normal basis, I am a very nice, calm and patient person, but they drove me mad [grrr] like kinda made me psychotic , very close to breaking point, and causing me to rage over the phone. At the end of it all, they were only quick with sending out the bill after the transaction process, and even tried to bill me a second time for something I had already paid for.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend the services of a professional, reliable and friendly Solicitor in the Brisbane CBD of course? Your recommendation would be most appreciated!

Thanks
    [specool]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Jessica

Can certainly recommend a Soliciotor but firstly tell me what services you require.

Do you need a Solicitor to purchase another property or for some other matter. An is the CBD a must?

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner.
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jessica3Jessica3
    @jessica3

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your response.

I will require a Solicitor to assist during the process of selling an IP in the Brisbane CBD, I’m not sure whether this will be around March 2007or August 2007.

The Solicitor does not have to reside in the CBD. I would just like a Solicitor who is reputable, realiable & able to explain to me all the important details that I am required to know during the transaction. Also, because I live in Sydney it would be unlikely that I would meet face-to-face, so just being reliable enough to communicate with me or return my calls would be great. No BS and charge a fair price.

Would you have a contact you could refer me to?

Many thanks.

Profile photo of GiovanniGiovanni
    Participant
    @giovanni

Hi Richard,

I always recommend my solicitor because of his level of service & straigh forward advice, negotiation skills and obviously his fees.

He works from home that allows him to reduce his operational cost without limiting his services. He normally answer the calls himself or return them as required but you must be quick and to the point.

However, the best part is that if you do not proceed with the deal (Buying or selling), he won’t charge you. Once appointed as your solicitor, he normally contact all party involves in the deal (banks, real estate agents and mortgage brokers) to get settlement ready and on time.

His details as follow:

Gary Tierney
    PO Box 2146
    Graceville, QLD 4075
    Australia

Telephone (07) 3848-6861
    email : [email protected]

Good luck and happy investing

Gio

Participant
    @qlds007

I would recommend Leonnie Dixon from CSM in Beenleigh.

Leonnie has acted for me in over 400 property transaction in the mast 12 years and is the best in the business.

Timely and prompt service are her trade marks and all this comes at a competitive price. She has certainly helped many of my clients also and we have never had a complaint.

She can be contacted on 07 3807 2233. Tell her i recommended you.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Jessica3Jessica3
    @jessica3

Thank you both for your recommendations.

Richard, you mentioned that she has assisted you with many transactions in the past years which is great.

Does she have a business website?

If I choose to appoint her as my Solicitor down the track, I will definitely tell her you referred her.

Thanks

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi there

No they do not have a website.

Yes Leonnie has acted for me in over 400 purchase / sales.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Profile photo of GiovanniGiovanni
    Participant
    @giovanni

Jessica,

Be wary of referrals who made a kickbacks from it. It happens to me once, I was referred to this solicitor in underwood by the real estate agent who I was buying from, the end result was catastrophic. I am not saying that Richard is getting a kickback just shop around before you decide.

Cheers,

Gio

Participant
    @qlds007

Gio

I certainly am not getting any kickback whatsover from any referal.

Presumably on the 22A Form the Selling Agent got you to sign it disclosed the kickback or other commission payment they could have received. If not i would have referred the matter to the Qld Law Society and the REIQ.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.