All Topics / Help Needed! / please help advice please

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of dragon007dragon007
    @dragon007

HI ALL
    I AM ABOUT TO TAKE THE PLUNGE AND USE MY EQUITY AND INVEST, I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS GOING TO GO IN WITH ME, MY QUESTION IS THIS (I AM GOING TO GET A LETTER DRAFTED AT THE SOLICITORS) SHOULD I MAKE A COMPANY, OR A BUSSINESS TO FINANCE OUR INVESTING OR SHOULD WE JUST REMAIN SEPERATE AND HAVE A CONTRACT DRAWN UP????????

Profile photo of d_robb21d_robb21
    Participant
    @d_robb21

Hi Dragon,

Your requirements are going to be very much dictated by what your goals are. I’d suggest that you talk to a solicitor regarding your requirements and also your accountant. You need to be careful how you go about things. For example if you set up a certain type of trust/company, you may not be able to distribute losses (if you’re planning on negative gearing), etc etc.

If you’re concerned about a fallout between your friend and yourself, draft an agreement between you and have it looked over by a solicitor, that way you’ve got what you need in the letter, and let the solicitor worry about any legalities.

D.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.