All Topics / Finance / Finance for small towns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of mpaynempayne
    @mpayne

Folks!

I couldn’t find a previous post on the subject of obtaining finance for a property in a small town.

I was just informed by a lender that it will be difficult to get finance for a property in a town smaller than 15,000. Unless I am willing/able to get a circa 50% LVR loan.

Is this the case? If not, where do I find a mortgage lender willing to finance a property in such a town, and at a competitive rate?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

MarkP

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I don’t think that lender was very accurate – I suspect they were just describing their own policy.

Dare I say that you find a decent broker with a number of lenders they access?

You can easily see what postcodes might cause you problems by using the postcode wizard at

http://www.pmigroup.com.au/LocationWizard.asp

All the best

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

I am with Simon i think the lender may have been telling you his lending policy.

Use the PMI post code locator and you will see they policy is far from that.

I have financed many a deal in the depths of NSW & Qld where the town certainly has less than a 15000 residents.

Cheers

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker.
    Licensed Financial Planner.
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Mark,

For normal residential lending, one of the big four will lend to any postcode in Australia, (provided the security fits their acceptable type) even mortgage insured stuff, and provided you keep it within their ‘delegated underwriting authority’, a good broker can help you with this. Meaning you can borrow up to 95%, 96.5% even with Mortgage Insurance capitalized.

For future reference use a good broker, I find banks don’t even know their own policies half the time….

Good luck!

Liz

Mortgage Lender
    The opinions expressed in this public forum should not be construed as professional advice of any nature.
    1300 780 826

Profile photo of mpaynempayne
    @mpayne

Thanks for the advice folks. Will pursue finance elsewhere..and will forward the PMI link to the lender discussed..

Much appreciated.

MarkP

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

What banks/building societies/credit unions are in the town or nearby. Try some of these

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.