All Topics / Help Needed! / Perth subdivision

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of LALA
    Participant
    @la

Hello

I have read a number of posts on Perth subdivision. I am interested in this, and would like to do further research. For those who have subdivided blocks in Perth, are you able to please give me contacts of who you used and would recommend (eg, surveyors etc.)? Any other info/advice, greatly welcomed.

Thanks!

Profile photo of nordicskiernordicskier
    @nordicskier

Whilst not in Perth, I would recommend asking the relevant Council’s Town Planner what companies they regular see in subdivision applications. Then you know you are dealing with a local surveyor who knows the relevant Council rules.

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi La

search the web for a copy of the “R-Codes western australia”
    (residential building codes for WA). It will give you all the info on zoning and block sizes etc. It will give you a start.

I down loaded it ages ago, can not remember where, if you have problems email me and I will send you a copy.

Also, most of the shires have web sites with maps / ariel photos with zoning info and block sizes etc.

The best place to ask re: surveyors etc is the Town planning office of the shire you are looking in, they should give you the names of the ones who they deal with regularily – these guys should know what the council will allow and what they won’t.

Celeste

Profile photo of celesteceleste
    Participant
    @celeste

Hi La

Just thought of something else for you. I recently dropped into a conveyance firm re subdividing, just general questions on cost etc.

He told me in relation to a straight forward subdivision the following:

1. For his fee budget approx. $7000.00 – for all the paper work and surveys etc.(from start to approval – paper work side)

2. Head costs ( I think that’s what he called them?) ie connection of sewer / elec / demolition / water cross overs etc budget another
    $ 18000.00

Total from start to ready to build &/or sell $ 25000.00

I only went to 1 for an idea, it could be more or less I guess depending on their rates and different council’s requirements and any site problems.

I gives you a base figure anyway.

Celeste

Profile photo of LALA
    Participant
    @la

Thanks for your replies.

I did call the council but they said they could not recommend or give names of any surveyors… They asked me to look in the yellow pages instead! So anyone with names of recommended firms in Perth metro area, please let me know.

Thanks all.

Profile photo of Trump JnrTrump Jnr
    @trump-jnr

I am sub-dividing in Perth right now.
    Estimated costs of subdivision by Celeste are a little high – but my development does not involve any demolition.
    I have done my DD and am expecting to pay $15K – $20K for the full process including infrastructure charges etc. etc. etc. It’s not cheap and there is no avoiding some large fees & charges.
    My advice is to get it surveyed & a diagram drawn up, talk to the surveyor about your options for subdivision – there is sometimes more than one way to skin a cat.
    The surveying process will cost around $1K – if you decide not to go ahead with it, it’s a small price to pay and you can keep the diagrams for the future.
    I can recommend the surveyor I used: Midland Survey Services (08)9274 2545. I have no financial interest in their business – just a satisfied customer.

Good Luck – if you can create a green title or strata title block of land in Perth you will do very well with demand for blocks exceptionally high in Perth right now.

The Donald.[grad]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.