All Topics / General Property / Newbie in Real Estate Investment from Singapore

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of maxchuamaxchua
    @maxchua

Hi,
    I am new to real estate investment, and i think this is the best time to start becos i am now recovering from a broken leg and confined to home for the next 2 months.

Came across this forum and noted that i might as well pick up some knowledge from the experts here. No amount of books will allow me to learn everything, and learning from experienced people is the BEST way to learn.

I am from Singapore and I would like to know how I can be investing in real estate in your country (any country would be fine) as long as there will be positive cashflow at the end of the day.

Thanks for sharing…and if any of you happen to come to Singapore, I would love to be your friendly host.[blush2]

We Dream We Change Lives!

Profile photo of JohnSmithJohnSmith
    @johnsmith

I am from Singapore and I would like to know how I can be investing in real estate in your country (any country would be fine) as long as there will be positive cashflow at the end of the day.

Hope your leg heals quickly.

Positive cashflow is more difficult to find in Australia at the moment, and takes a lot of work, normally to find you are bidding against many.
    Many are looking at other strategies to create positive cash flow, like subdivision, but those type of strategies need someone on the ground, which may be difficult for you to do.

You could talk to buyers agents, people you pay to find properties for you.

BUT, the biggest problem for you – as a non resident of Australia, you need FIRB approval before you can buy

http://www.firb.gov.au/content/real_estate.asp

Regards
    John

Inspired Finance
    (02) 9944 7776

[email protected]
    http://www.inspiredfinance.com.au

Profile photo of JohnSmithJohnSmith
    @johnsmith

I should mention – myself and some other investors are doing something in the USA which is working out very well, as we have avoided all of the shonksters. We have started showing other Australians already, and it is starting to grow.

Our ultimate plan is show investors world wide, but also look for opportunities in other countries. If you have a group of investors that may be interested – please PM me. I will say that we are still in initial stages, so nothing will happen fast. We intend it to be a gradual growth.

Regards
    John

Inspired Finance
    (02) 9944 7776

[email protected]
    http://www.inspiredfinance.com.au

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, I’ve spent the largest part of my working life in Singapore & am familiar with both countries’ laws etc.

About the easiest way to get +ve cashflow from property investing is to get a SGD loan at approx 2% interest on a new house or shop returning 5% or more in yield.

One way is to build on a sub-division (I'[m currently doing this even though I don’t have access to a SGD loan).

The reason is that the sub-division & building brings the cost down to near or below the median price & therefore the yield (from rental) goes up to about 5-6%. The new properties can be depreciated to increse the yield.

The downside to this are:
    1) The property market is slowing. We are now buying into a potentially down market.
    2) Rental vacancies.
    3) Holding costs.

The most important part to all this is the overall financial plan you’re after. What I’m doing requires a lot of cash. The SGD loan is risky because the SGD is more stable than AUD. It works only if you have money in Singapore.

My post is very lengthy. If you wish to discuss with me, send me an e-mail.

Good luck ,
    Kum Yin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.